Airport

Y/n's POV
Today's the day that we part ways. Luckily our we where on the same flight to Australia but still once we got to Sydney we had to part ways until our game ag isn't each other 4 days later. Surprisingly that's the longest we've been apart since we started dating. Katie and I had been packed the night before so we just got up and got ready. We drove to the airport early so we could check our bags in and then chill out maybe do some shopping and grab some food at the airport before some of the other London Tillies  rocked up.

We drove into the car park and walked hand in hand through the airport entrance, one of us in green and gold and the other in green and white with a football Australia suitcase and an Irish national team suitcase. We checked in showing our passports mine being navy blue and hers dark red. Before we grabbed something to eat. We sat in a booth and I had my smoothie and some chips and she had sushi and a coffee. Throughout our meal she was playing with my feet with hers and grabbing my hands trying to rile me up. She needed attention lmao. We was trying to start something.
"Katie come on"
"What am I doing" she responded innocently
"If we weren't in the airport you'd be done for"
"Sure sure" she said mischievously
"I'm not causing a scene"
Katie just rolled her eyes. She finished her food and when from sitting across from me to next to me. She kinda smooshed me against the wall trying to get as close to me as possible. I moved my arm around her shoulders so she could rest her head on my chest.  whilst I was finishing my food I just watched the TikTok's on her phone. We came across an edit of us form yesterday and how Katie reacted to my injury making her blush a bit. "Ahahah, is that on you for you page, Katie?" I laughed "uhh nah no" she responded  I giggled and pulled her in to kiss me.

Eventually we went to our gate to wait to board our flight. I couldn't get comfy in my chair and I was exhausted from the game with my head still killing me. She tapped my thigh signalling for me to climb on her lap. I did so and fell asleep there.

I was woken up to my name being called. I looked up over Katie's shoulder to see the rest of the London Tillies; Steph, kyra, Mackenzie, Sam and Caitlin. I jumped out of Katie's arms to go and hug them all. Katie walked over and just stood behind me. Obviously she knew the Arsenal girls but she waited for me to introduce her to Macca and Sam. "Mackenzie, Sam, this is Katie McCabe, my girlfriend" I blushed a bit when I made eye contact with her. "I know who Katie McCabe is" Sam said pulling her in for a hug "come on y/n, we've been playing against each other for years". Macca knew who she was too.

We sat around talking for a while. I sat in Katie's lap and kyra laid across Steph and Caitlin because there weren't enough chairs. Kyra was annoying Steph and I was dying of laughter. "How's your head?" Mackenzie asked me, "yeh I'm ok now, doctors say I'm very lucky. But of course I'm fine I have my protector" signalling at Katie making her cheeks go red.

The topic got to Sam's recent engagement. We were all very excited for her. She told us about the ring and where she did it. She told us she was so nervous with us very unlike her and she said how surprised Kristie was. "I recommend" she said to the group. Of course Steph is already engaged and kyra and Caitlin are single. Sam was trying to convince Mackenzie to propose to Kristy  when she turned to look at Katie "what about you, popping the question anytime soon?" I felt Katie tense up under me and I just hid my face in my hands "ewww gross" kyra shouted ending the awkwardness. Katie and I looked at each other and laughed it off.

Katie's POV
I know I shrugged what Sam asked off but maybe she has a point. I think I'm ready for that next step but my girl isn't, I know she loves me but I need to give her that time. She's is a few years younger than me and you really grow up in those few years. I know she would say yes but I don't wanna put that pressure on her.

Y/n must have noticed I was deep in thought when she nudged me and whispered "are you all good" in my ear. I snapped back into reality and just smiled and nodded.

The group continued to catch up. They are such a funny group of girls. I kept catching Caitlin looking at y/n and I. I mean I feel bad cause her and I used to date but I've moved on now. Maybe I'll be a little less lovey covey towards y/n until we get on the plane.

Y/n's POV
The flight attendant called us to board, we got priority as we were flying first class. So we grabbed our back packs and boarded the plane. Katie held the tickets in her hand and led us to our seats where she grabbed my carry on out of my hand and but it in the overhead storage and sat down next to me.