As long as she's ok rn, I'm ok too.

Y/n POV
Saying the headache was bad for days would be an understatement. After I got off the pitch, I was rushed to the hospital for scans and treatment. Katie didn't leave my side. I was in so much pain, but I tried to act strong because I don't think Katie would've handled it.

"We won?" I said to Katie with a smile on my face
"Yeh we did, but that doesn't matter"
"Of course it does"
"No you matter. I would lose that game everyday if it meant you would never scare my like that again"
"Well sorry for scaring you" I said mockingly
The doctor walked through the door with a clipboard in his hand. "I've got the results of the scans. And let me just tell you it's a miracle." He said "just tell me when I can play again" I said. Somehow the spot you were hit made you fall unconscious, but didn't cause any damage. Yes you have a minor concussion and you're gonna have a headache for a few days but you seem to be alright.

I was ecstatic with the news. That means I can still play for the Matildas and Katie and I can still have a holiday in Australia.

I was discharged from the hospital only to be greater by most of the team outside the hospital. They all had worried looks on their faces and they are so cute for waiting outside for who knows how long. As I leave the doors I'm swarmed by my favourite girls they all hugged me asking if I was ok. "Guys the doctor said it's a miracle I'm ok, and I'll be fine to play international break" (kyra, Steph and Cait we especially excited to hear that news.) the girls were very happy for me. Katie just stood behind me holding my hand. I swear this girl is going to wrap me in bubble wrap when she gets the chance.

We drive home and every bump makes me flinch a bit. Every time we went over one Katie would look over at my facial expression and apologise and slow down. "Seriously Katie you're fine, you are driving perfect" I said trying to make her feel less guilty.

We got home and Katie wouldn't let me do anything for myself. "We are leaving tomorrow morning so you are going to relax until then, ok?" She said as she pushed me onto the couch. She put our kit bags upstairs and got changed quickly before she made me drink a glass of water and watched me take the pain killers to doctors gave me. She sat almost on top of me on the couch. I yawned signalling to her I was tried, which I was, I was exhausted. She sighed and wrapped my body in her arms pulling me on top of her and tightening her grip. We spent the whole night like that.

Katie's POV
to be honest laying with her whole body weight on my chest wasn't the most comfortable for me. But I wouldn't admit that I just wanted to feel her heart beat against mine and her breath against my chest. Nothing else mattered. She really scared me today and I think what I experienced is going to be something I might need some professional help with down the track. But as long as she is ok right now, I'm ok too.

A/n sorry it's short. It's a bit of a filler before I start the next big chunk ||Australia trip|| get excited. I'll start tomorrow :)