Chapter Eight

"So if your wings won't find you heaven
I will bring it down like an ancient bygone"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(TW for this chapter: character death)

Bad Omens were on route to Paris. The Scotland shows were two of the best shows that the band had ever played, mainly due to the new glow that seemed to emanate from Noah and the people around him couldn't ignore it, especially when he was cozied up in his bunk typing away with a cheesy grin spread across his face.

The curtain was thrown back, Nick's stern expression staring back at him when he finally adjusted to the light. "What gives?" Nick crossed his arms over his chest stoically.

Noah laughed nervously. "What?"

"Noah Sebastian Davis you are acting a bit too happy since we left Leeds. Either you received the best head in your life or...you found Rose."

"Or both." Jolly chuckled as he pushed past Nick to use the bathroom.

Noah rolled his eyes and slid his phone underneath his pillow before sliding out of the bunk to enter the common area where Folio and Bryan were playing a game of cards, listening into the conversation. "Why does there have to be a reason for me being happy?"

Nick followed him to the kitchenette area and leaned against the counter. "Because, Noah, you've spent the past six months acting like a lost little puppy and since we left the city the love of your life is from, you're acting different. And that," he pointed to the tattoo on his calf, "is Rose's art."

Shit, he got him there. Noah held his hands up in defence. "Fine, yes, I found her."

A shit eating grin appeared on Nick's face. "I knew it, I fucking knew it! Why were you keeping it from us?"

"Because it's complicated." He mumbled as he poured himself a glass of orange juice.

Nick raised an eyebrow. "Why? What happened?"

Noah sighed and joined Nick in leaning against the counter. "It's not my story to tell but she will when she's ready. She misses you guys, especially you but give her time."

Noah and Rose had been talking about it. She felt guilty for leaving Noah but that guilt also branched out to his friends too. She missed all of them terribly, meeting them was the first time she had truly felt comfortable around a group of people like that. But as he told Nick, she needed time before she threw herself back in the deep end like that. There was too much going on with Annie and Noah was just about all she could handle at that time.

"Well, please let her know that we miss her too, like a lot." Noah placed a comforting hand on his best friend's shoulder. "You really like her huh?

Noah nodded. Yeah, he really fucking did like her.

Rose had just finished her last client of the day when her phone lit up with Noah's name. She smiled to herself and tapped the notification.

Noah
The Eiffel Tower isn't all it's cracked up to be

The image of Noah looking completely unbothered by one of the most famous landmarks in the world popped up on her screen and she giggled.