4

Story is super slow and probably boring. Just let me get it in a roll. We're just starting and this will be a slow burn as already stated. Well, slow to normal burn.
=================================

I looked at my brother watching him sign to me what my professor was saying

I looked at my brother watching him sign to me what my professor was saying. I'm convinced he hates me.

Your work is lackluster and boring. I asked you to give me your favorite piece of work that you've shot and you gave me a picture of an ear. That's it? I don't care how HD it looks it's boring. It tells no story. I don't care about this saturated filter or that you're dead. That's basic. Submit better work, or find a new class. I won't have students in my class who have D minus at best work. You're dismissed.

I put my camera away and packed up my things as my brother stared at my professor.

I walked out of the room with him following me and made my way outside so that I could walk back to my dorm.

Lil bro. Fuck that nigga. The assignment was to present your favorite piece that meant the most to you and was significant to who you are as a person. I don't know how he can hate on a personal opinion. I didn't even see him going that hard on anyone else. Nigga must have a problem.

I'm fine Landon. It's fine. I'll see you tomorrow.

I sped up walking so that he would get the hint not to follow me to my place. I just wanna be alone.

That shit really hurt...a photo that I really liked. That I felt. I was told when I was younger by my brother that cameras make noise when you take pictures. I always loved taking pictures but k never knew that a picture made a sound. So I took a picture of my ear in hopes that I would be able to hear the photo. Nothing...I ended up falling in love with the picture though because even though it really confirmed that I would always be deaf, it was the start of me actually pursuing my passion for photography. I was destined to be able to hear that sound one day. I fell in love with photography after that.

First camera, my first serious photo, the first picture that I was honestly proud of.

My teacher hated it. I thought it was cool. I tried to explain the backstory to him, but he didn't care. He said that people should be able to read the art from the photo and interpret what it means. Not just look at a picture of a body part and go oh an ear. No one cares and it's not an otolaryngologist office.

I have to just suck it up and get over it though. Can't sit here crying every time someone says my art sucks. This one hit differently though so excuse me if I cry a bit...

I wish I wasn't deaf and I was just normal.

It was now October so I already know people were planning on going back home for the holidays right after as well. Like I know that Dallas is going home to be with his mom and shit, but me? I had to just sit my weird sss down. That's why I wish I was normal. I wish I had a normal family and a dog. And I wished everything was normal with my family. My mom fucked up everything.