𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

Glancing up, Zach shrugged merely, hands shoved inside his pockets. "Don't put your hopes in it."

"At least you answer me." Lillian huffed. She knew Kay wasn't in a good mood, but Lilly felt like she was always doing everything for the girl. Comforting her, listening to her rambling, covering for her, keeping her secrets. . . She was doing everything to be a good friend. But Kay could shut people out so quickly and effect the mood of everyone around her. It was infuriating.

Falling in silence, the two walked along side each other until the group slowly paused to make a few group pictures.

It was safe to say not everyone appreciated the idea.

Though, being the good guy he was, Zach tried to act happy. He knew he should try his best to make something of today, so he made small talk with Lilly and Jack. His mood slowly lifted. It was enough to not look so grumpy and sad but actually see a small curve on his lips appear.

It was good enough for his friends.

"Val! Slow down." Daniel tried to catch his breath, pulling at her hand to gain her attention. "Not everyone is so quick on their feet."

Turning around, Valerie noticed almost the whole group was trailing behind them with a good distance between her and them. She giggled awkwardly to herself. "My bad. Let's. . . take a break?"

Chuckling, Daniel nodded.

"Please! My legs can't take this anymore. Chris," Corbyn complained, falling dramatically into Christina's side. "Catch me."

The brunette looked down at him and sighed. "Drama queen." She gained a side eye from the so called boy and chuckled.

The group rested for at least ten minutes, taking their time to prepare themselves for Valerie's quick pace again.

And while taking a break, Jack saw the opportunity to talk to Lillian, wanting to know how she is doing. The last time they talked was two nights ago, so he was curious if she felt better. He found her scanning her gallery, picture after picture of their trail. "Made some pretty pictures?"

Jumping up, Lilly looked at him startled. "Want me to get a heart attack?" She caught her breath while Jack laughed. "But yeah, actually." She scrolled through the many pictures and was pretty satisfied. She had photographed a squirrel in a tree, a bunny sniffing a flower, a bird with her eggs— she had seen so many little animals. She had to resist herself from turning one in a pet. "And I also got one with Tate stumbling over her own feet."

"You need to send that one to me." Jack laughed. "In the back, you can see Jonah almost passing out from exhaustion."

"And he always seemed like the athletic one."

Shoving her aside, Jack rolled his eyes out of playfulness. "As if. He only likes to baseball."

Shrugging to herself, Lillian glanced over at Gabbie and an idea popped up when she saw the beautiful landscape behind her. "You and Gabbie should make a picture together. Look, the view is perfect."

The boy turned around and nodded with a smile. "Gabs!" He called out, his brunette glancing at him with brows lifted.

She walked over to be pulled in a side hug and immediately took the hint when Lillian grabbed her phone and signed them to take a step backwards.