𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Начните с самого начала

"I don't want to play anymore. I don't even think you know the rules."

"What do you mean? I practically invented this game!"

Scoffing, Kay rolled her eyes. "Sure, 'invented'."

"You know, it's not my fault you don't understand it. I've explained it so many times! How can you not get it?" The brunette threw his hands around, looking at his girlfriend with a face of disbelief. "Were you even listening?"

"Of course I was, but it's like listening to a three year-old trying to tell about their day. It makes no sense!"

When Lilly turned her head, she watched Zach grow irritated while her best friend was doing her best at saying her frustrations out loud.

"Oh that is a lot coming from you."

Crossing her arms, Kay's brows flew up. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You can't tell me anything anymore! Your day, feelings, thoughts. . . It's like you stopped communicating at all!"

Eyes flickering to one another, Lilly glanced at Jack and Gabbie with wide eyes. She was the first one to leave the heated area, knowing very well she wasn't about to get pulled in by any of them, not even giving them a chance. She wanted no part in this at all.

Thinking the same thing, the couple of two brunettes followed suit and didn't turn back to their friends who were fighting like their life depended on it.

It seemed like they both let their frustrations out, it had been bottled up way too long.

"That is not true!"

"Kay," The boy looked at his girlfriend with sad eyes. "it's like talking to a wall. I can't even be in the same room as you or you avoid me like I'm some sickness. Either that, or you pretend to be someone else when I know damn well you don't wanna be with me."

"Don't say things like that." Kay shook her head. "I don't think about you like that. But you make it so difficult for me to be around you when you act all lovey dovey. Sometimes it feels like you are suffocating me!"

Hurt flashed in those brown eyes of his. "What are you even talking about? We barely breath the same air. How can I be suffocating?"

Not knowing what to say, even Kay knew she was making things up to justify her behavior. Sighing, the girl sat down, her body turned away from him. "Let's just stop this, okay? I need to be alone."

"You always do."

With no second to spare, Zach had slammed the door behind him shut, his cheeks red from the anger he felt.

Kay on the other hand, felt disappointed in herself for acting this way and blaming Zach for her behavior. If she was being honest, she didn't want to play a game and wasn't very interest in doing well. And Zach wasn't suffocating, she was way too distant for that to happen. She was just saying things to defend herself, she felt attacked and like she was in a corner. She couldn't take it anymore. Her hands draped along side her body, her head falling back as she closed her eyes and wished for everything to be over already.

The couple didn't know that their friends had heard every single word that had been said and felt too uncomfortable to leave their spot for a while.

Jack had sent his friends in the other bus a warning about Zach, telling them to be careful with their words and let him be.

Gabbie was making a plan to pass the girl as silently as she could so they could continue the drive.

And Lillian? She felt like the trip was anything but fun. The thing is, how miserable she felt about last night, and how much her emotions came like waves — she knew she had to put her feelings aside and comfort her blonde friend. Kay needed her and there was enough time to sleep later.

So that's how Lilly ended up hugging her friend on the couch, watching a movie to pass the time while Lillian tried her best to listen to everything Kay had to say.

Again, she had put Kay above herself. Even when she didn't deserve it. But Lilly couldn't ignore her cries for help, she wasn't made to be selfish.

_________________________________

°two hours later
_________________________________

"I FEEL AWKWARD."

"You are not the only one." Jack stared ahead of him, clicking with his tongue as he inspected the road map. "After three miles you need to make a turn to the right."

Nodding, Gabbie leaned back and sighed. "Can't we do something fun tomorrow? I know for a fact nobody wants to grab dinner tonight, not after this tension going on."

"What about tomorrow? Didn't Valerie talk about that park in Maryland? Those with the nature trails?"

"Rocky Gap State Park?" Raising her brows, Gabbie smiled. "Yeah, we could do that. Do some sightseeing, visit nature. . . that sounds fun. Maybe it will do some good to have an activity again, not playing endless games and watching movies until our eyes grow square."

"Great. I'll tell Jonah."

"Let's hope they soon make up, before one of them throws themselves or each other off a mountain tomorrow."

Chuckling, the boy shook his head. "Believe me, I wouldn't be surprised at this moment."

_________________________________
°✈︎༄❤︎➪

I'm back and with some drama to entertain
u. To be honest, I kinda forgot the storyline,
but I think I know what I want to write.

Maybe this book will go on a quicker pace than before, but I think a lot has happened already and it's time we are going to wrap up
that toxic relationship and give Lilly a
chance!