ICSY 16: Kira, Face Your Fears

"I'm just saying if we get to date the person we like, I would date myself," Sammy said as they walked out of their dorm hall. "I'd be lucky, actually."

"You know that you're technically saying that the person you like is yourself, right? Which is a little bit narcissistic" Kira said not really taking seriously the brunette's question. It's too early for that and she barely slept last night. Her physical body had rest but her astral form was busy roaming the other realm.

"Maybe, but I'm saying it from others' perspective."

Kira shook her head, finding it was no use in arguing with the taller girl.

"How about you?"

"I would date the ones on my posters," Kira said carelessly.

"Oh c'mon! Those people are dead! Which kind of creepy, by the way."

"Exactly."

Sammy sighed but not without giving her roommate a weird look. As they arrived at the quad, Kira noticed that something was off. She thought she was just imagining it not until she got to their table but the eyes that have been following her since she entered the place are still looking at her. She felt seen.

"Okay, how about a student here in Nevermore," Sammy asked but the girl was too busy looking back at the students who were throwing dirty looks at her. "C'mon, just a little idea."

"Did I miss something or they are looking at me?" Kira asked making the other girl across her look around. For the first time, Sammy noticed what was happening.

"Uhh... I think they are." Sammy mumbled. "What are they looking at?" Sammy asked as she noticed that the students were looking at their phones and looking at Kira. Kira doesn't really know how to interpret their looks. You can blame it on her anxiety about being around people. But Sammy on the other hand knows. Some of the students were impressed looks. Some were literally having the 'meh' expression. While there was a specific group glaring at Kira.

"I'll just go back to the dorm. These people are making me sick. I'll see you in class." Kira confessed, leaving her seat and walking out of the quad.

Sammy was left puzzled until she saw Enid and her vampire best friend. "Enid!" She called, waving her hand at them. The two walked to the brunette seeing that she was alone and their friends were not yet around.

"Hey Sam, where's Kira?" Enid asked. After the jamming last night, Enid was more confident in becoming close with the ginger. And for some reason, it was the same feeling when Wednesday started to actually make conversation with her.

"She was here a while ago. But I think she wasn't really used to these people..." Sammy said as she pointed at the students who were now back to their own businesses.

"Why?"

"They were staring at her when we got here."

"Oh, I know why," Yoko said which made the two look at her.

"What do you mean? Is there something going on?" Enid asked.

"I'm surprised you don't know." Yoko started. "Have you seen the TikTok video that was posted yesterday? I think every Nevermore student had seen the video of Wednesday and Kira's fencing match."

Sammy's mouth turned 'o' while Enid opened her phone to check the video. And the vampire's right. The video gained likes and views and more surprisingly, comments from Wednesday's 'small fans club' and they were livid.

"Oh my god."

"What, what!" Sammy asked, she scooted next to the werewolf and looked at her phone too. She saw their angry reactions straightly for Kira. Sammy didn't need to see who are those people. She remembered the group of kids straightly glaring at Kira. Honestly, she'll find it funny but her roommate was really uncomfortable with it.