ICSY 05: Social Battery Drained

After hearing that her first subject teacher couldn't attend their class, Kira started her search for her club. Unfortunately, most of the students are having their classes at the moment. Still, Kira gave it a try and went to the clubs that she knew would do her favor. She started at the Hummers Club. For the past two hundred years, Kira was proud to say that one of the things she learned taking care of bees. Aside from knowing what to do, it'll do her a favor as not beekeeping is not for everyone. Mean to say, there could be fewer members.

Upon getting to the shed, Kira searched for the president of the club. Only the sound of bees greeted her. When Kira assumed that the president was out, she decided to just go back later only to be surprised by a boy wearing eyeglasses and a Nevermore uniform.

"Hi! I'm Eugene Ottinger, president of the Hummers Club! I'm glad that I caught you, you looked like you're about to leave." Eugene said who's still panting for running.

Kira looked at him in concern as she offered her hand to the boy. "Kira Bolton." She said. "What do you mean you're glad you caught me?" she asked curiously.

The boy was surprised as he heard the ginger's name. He didn't even hear her question as one thing instantly hit his thoughts. "You're the girl!"

"Huh?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. My friends are pretty curious about you. I'm one too. It's rare that a Nevermore student doesn't know the other one." Eugene said finally reaching for the girl's hand and doing a handshake. He's right though. Nevermore doesn't have much of students until now. It's easy to know every student if you want to.

"I think it's pretty normal."

"Maybe. But you know me, I don't know you. Only a few know me and I'm sure know them all. Except you though."

"How did you know I know you?" Kira asked. her brows raising as she looks at the boy.

"Yoko told us."

That vampire.

"Ah," Kira said unamused. "I've been searching for a club to join. I saw your name and recognized you being part of the whole fiasco last year." Kira explained.

"Right. Principal Nohm informed me that there's a student who'll be joining the club. He specifically informed the clubs that don't have many members. So after hearing that, I went here." Eugene said. Now it makes sense why the boy ran from whoever knows where.

"Question though, if you've been here since 7th grade, why you're just joining now? I'm surprised Weems doesn't bother you to join. She kinda did to Wednes—" Eugene stopped talking. He brought his hand to his mouth as he looked at Kira with wide eyes.

"Why?" the ginger asked.

Eugene sighed as he looked at Kira softly. "I heard you're super close with the late principal. I'm not sure if it's kind of a sore topic for you. My apologies."

Kira nodded appreciatively. "How did you know I'm close to her? Didn't you say you don't know me?" Kira asked.

"Yes. But my friend Kent knows a little information about you."

Kira nodded wordlessly again. She didn't expect that her little connection with that siren would expose her to Wednesday's friends. Well, not like she's trying to hide it anyway. Guess she just has to deal with it. She's pretty sure all of Wednesday's friends know about her. But she's curious why suddenly they cared about her when they barely gave care to her for the past four years.

But there's a smart explanation for that. Kira's 7th to 9th grade, she spent avoiding any interactions except with Weems. They are best friends so that's given. In the 10th year, the whole group of Addams are busy dealing with their own stuff. Only this year did they finally see her.