ICSY 06: I Spy

It hasn't been an hour since Kira passed out yet she's already more than awake. The next thing she found was she was walking in the empty hallway of Nevermore. Glancing left and right, and making sure no one would see her make her way to the library instead of going to her third class. In less than five, she arrived at the place, and just as expected, the room was empty as students were still in their classes.

Kira silently raced to the last aisle of the library, at the very end of the room where she was sure out of everyone's sight even the librarian. She clutched her backpack and at the witchcraft book section, bottom shelf, she looked for the certain book. She made sure again that there was no one around before pulling the book from the shelf but just as she did, the shelf popped forward and slid to the left. The next thing, Kira is facing a dark narrow passageway that leads into the unknown.

She entered and inside there was a button to close the secret passage, she pushed it. She trudged into the darkness and saw the door that led to the secret room. As she opened it, an average-sized room welcomed her. She switched the lights on and closed the door behind her before she made her way to the table and pulled her things out of her bag.

This isn't how Kira expected it would turn but after learning something, she was quick to know what she would do. Just like what she did last year when she found out about the mystery that Wednesday's solving.

[Flashback]

"Rissy," Kira called. She walked in and saw the woman busy on her computer. Weems hummed in response, keeping her eyes on the screen of her laptop. "Ugh! Not again." the ginger groaned.

For the first time, Weems moved her eyes from her computer and looked at the whining ginger. "What do you want now, Kira? Have no better things to do already?"

"What do you mean better things to do? It's almost lunch." Kira informed. Weems looked at her clock and that's when she realized. "You seem like have better things to do." Kira trailed, pointing her chin towards the computer.

"Right. I'm just finishing something. There's a new student coming today and I just have to make sure everything is ready." Weems explained. She stood from her seat and went to her little cabinet where she pulled out chocolate candies and teacups. She threw the bag of candies to the ginger as she went to prepare tea for the both of them.

"New student? During midterms? Since when does Nevermore accept students during midterms?" Kira asked incredulously.

"Since certain people started to pull some strings." Weems chuckled. "This family is different. And their kid has a very interesting educational background." Weems started already unamused. "Eight schools in five years."

Kira popped the bag open and poured an amount of candies into her mouth. "Eight? That's crazy." Kira scoffed. "What kind of kid would like eight schools in five years."

"The kind of kid who doesn't care," Weems replied. "And to be fair, you're not a kid, so you don't have a say in it." She chuckled as she started pouring the tea into the teacups.

"Whatever. So what's the deal with this new student?"

"Why bother to tell? You don't even care about knowing my students. I told you to go befriend Enid but you keep on disappearing and I don't even know where you've been going." She walked to her table and put the teacup in front of the ginger.