CH 7

"Merde, merde, merde, Dawson, we are late!" Liliane yells. She rushes around the apartment, gathering the small amount of things she needs for the game. Phone, wallet, keys, and she's ready to leave.

Dawson gets up from the couch and looks around frantically. He grabs his wallet and phone and runs out of the apartment after the girl. He doesn't look to see if he closes the door all the way, he just worried about getting to the rink.

"Okay we have to hurry." Liliane says at the elevator door finally opens on the ground floor. She and Dawson run through the building and out the front door to Liliane's car.

...

Dawson throws his jersey down next to Liliane's as he rushes to get ready. Liliane pulls on her jersey a little while later and Dawson does the same. Jack Hughes snickers at the sight.

"Liliane Mercer and Dawson Auclair. Ready to play?" Jack laughs. Dawson and Liliane look at each other confused until Liliane's eyes catch on the number on Dawson's jersey sleeve. It was hers and she had his. She laughs and begins to pull off Dawson's jersey. He gets what happened and pulls off his too.

"Here, have your jersey back." Dawson smiles. Liliane grabs her jersey from him and pulls it on. Dawson pulls his on too and the two of them head out to the rink.

...

Liliane yells as Dawson skates to her, englufing her in a hug. She won her first game with the New Jersey Devils and funny enough, it was against the Canadiens. She jumps up and down on the ice with Dawson. The two almost slip, but they manage to stay upright.

They pull away and get in line to shake hands with the opposing team. Liliane shakes hands with all of her friends from the team, eventually ending with Pierre. The two grin at each other and soon enough are talking like Liliane had never left.

"C'était une bonne victoire pour vous et votre équipe." Pierre says with a smile. Liliane beams as he speaks.

"Merci, Pierre. J'ai toujours su que tu pouvais faire un compliment." Liliane teases. Pierre rolls his eyes and Dawson appears behind Liliane. She notices him and goes to talk to Pierre once more.

"C'est Dawson. Au fait, c'est mon copain." Liliane says. Pierre hums.

"Il est un peu petit pour vous et votre équipe rentre aux vestiaires." Pierre says as he watches the Devils players disappear into the tunnel. Liliane and Dawson quickly skate after them without saying goodbye. Pierre didn't mind.

...

"I'm so tired." Liliane groans as she falls onto Dawson who was laying on her coach. He groans in response.

"I know, right. It's only 8 o'clock too." Dawson agrees. Liliane nods, getting comfortable with her arms wrapped around Dawson. His arms quickly wrap around her, also.

"We could just pass out right here, right now." Liliane offers. Dawson nods, unable to look down at the girl nuzzled in his neck.

"I'll sleep if your going to sleep. If you are going to stay up, I'll stay up with you." Dawson says. Liliane hums and closes her eyes. Dawson feels her breathing even out and he takes that as she's going to fall asleep, so his eyes flutter shut.

Soon enough, both of the Devils players are sleeping on the couch, dreading their, guaranteed, early wake up.