X

Everything that is living will die one day.

I don't want to die this early.

It's the first time that Kim Roksu has ever thought of that. He had lived pretty decent long lives in other worlds but this world—with such a kind and loving brother—was too beautiful to just die this early.

"What's up?" Milliaon greeted him with that soft and kind smile. This man is not a good liar at all.

"Don't cry, Milly." He chuckled and smiled at his brother sweetly.

Yes, Roksu had lived with so many siblings in other worlds, but this was the first world where he was safe. The other worlds he either destroyed or protected, but this one—it is the first time he is been protected and loved this much regardless of whether he is weak or not.

Milliaon looked at him lovingly. He climbed into bed slowly and stayed by his side comfortably. Alioune, of course, sneaks into his brother's arms.

"How was the banquet?"

"We didn't do it?"

"Oh, I am sorry," he admitted, sinking into his brother's arm. Milliaon looked at him before wrapping his arms around his brother's waist and laying his head on Ali's belly.

"If you are tired, just say so; do not go coughing blood all over the place," Milly reprimanded, but it was not a serious reprimand.

Ali could feel his brother trembling as he held him. He was pleading with him not to say anything that would break his heart.

"Milly," Ali—no, Roksu smiled, "I want to live, Milly. I want to grow old and stay with you. I would mess up your life and dry your pockets. I still want to play with my nephews and play with you."

These are childish thoughts that Roksu has long since abandoned. He had to survive in other worlds and ignored his instincts to be protected and happy, just like any other child.

"I still wanted to make Milly proud."

He didn't want to accept death as easily as the world had before.

He didn't know whether this was the world that Athanasia and Florentia talked about but he felt warmth in his arms. He didn't have to suffer the burden that wasn't placed on his shoulder and the suffering he had to go through all through those worlds—he didn't want to end this world where he is simply Roksu, as Alioune lived.

Simply a child loved and protected by his brother.

"Milly."

"Shh." Milliaon shut him up. He can feel his brother hugging him tightly. He can feel his belly getting wet with Milliaon's tears.

"Milly, you were the first person to not treat me as if I were indispensable."

Milliaon took a pause.

"I have been in too many worlds... but this is the life—where I am allowed to cry and beg for life."

Milliaon raised his head. Ali looked at him, a smile on his face.

"You are the first family who has loved me from the beginning."

The bittersweet words were coated with relief. His heart stammered, his heart wavering. Even the sky didn't let them have one last happy memory. Like his tears, Milliaon's tears fell, faintly comforting Alioune's heart.

When was the last time I've been comforted like this?

The last time I was honest with my feelings?

The desperate embrace turned warmer and warmer.

"I'm so lucky."

The words wrung by a dying boy hurt his loved one's heart more than the wounds inflicted by arrows and swords.