VII

Nocturne feels really bad right now. Count Leopold called him and fired him. His career as a doctor ended just because of the comments he made towards a noble. He couldn't believe that the Second Duke was prepared with recording devices on his person. He can't raise his defense and he can't change the way things are now. Even if he wants to be by Avrelia's side, he has offended not only the Duchy but Count Leopold as well.

He went back to his master's clinic but Wynston is not saying anything. He accused a patient of murder and even wished for her to die.

"Master."

"I'm no longer your master, Nocturne. I'm going to close the shop to go to the Duchy's mansion so you better leave now."

He can't help but feel bitter when he hears the word duchy.

It's so unfair; he was just doing his best but he ended up ruining his career.

"Can you take me? I need to take you to Duke Pestellio."

"I can't." Wynston said, "Not when the Second Duke really hates your presence."

Looking at how the boy acted and did things, I thought, "There's no way that child is sick."

"He is," Wynston said to Nocturn, "I am the doctor who has been checking on the Child for days now." He handed him the child's medical records, which surprised him.

"Do you get it now?"

A child who is terminally ill.

Nocturn could feel his stomach churning. He is disgusted with himself for thinking things the wrong way.

"This is why I told you not to look at your patients like your little sister," Winston explained. "Sometimes, the healthy and strong people are the people on the verge of death; they hide the pain with a smile, they hide sadness with laughter, to the point where they fool themselves and others into thinking they are all fine."

.

.

It always feels worse when Ron witnesses his suffering. The father and son stood in front of him, while he was wrapped in a blanket like a roll and had a high fever.

"Hah."

"I'll make food."

He smiled at the Molran Duo. It is fortunate that both of them have memories of all the worlds and are accustomed to all of his appearances. Only that they always look the same in any of these memories.

"Sick?"

"I am."

"Let's get you to rest." Ron immediately laid him down and sat on the chair while giving him a towel bath. The old man gently wiped his sweat and allowed him to change into more comfortable clothes.

"Where is Milly?"

"The Duke is at his office, finalising the engagement with the Leopolds," Ron replied calmly.

Vicross returned with a simple porridge. He ate it and felt a little better afterward.

"Having this kind of art at times like this is the best," Vicross commented, looking him in the eyes. I am hoping it will help him live longer. His art is not particularly noteworthy, but the food he prepares can make anyone feel differently.

He would rather lose his sense of taste than see his young lord suffer from illness.

Milliaon and Lady Karina entered through a wide-open door.

"Good morning, Milly!"

Milliaon breathed a sigh of relief. He left him asleep and fine in their room, not expecting him to be sick for hours afterward. "Your condition is worsening."