6- New Years Special (Cage x Dexter)

We're going to ignore that this is being posted very late, the holidays drained me of all energy and then I had to go to work so I didn't have time to write (please ignore any mistakes, I didn't bother proof reading bc I'm /tired/) anyway, enjoy <3 This is a request from @Caramellcreamy

*****

Cage sipped his drink from his spot in the corner, watching the other party goers with little interest. Avery and her partners had been invited to a New Year's Eve party, and since Dexter had plans with some old friends in the city they were currently visiting, Cage had tagged along.

It was incredibly boring, and music was blaring from multiple crappy speakers, giving it a static and cracking audio throughout the hotel room the party was in. Cage would've left if he had a ride, since walking alone, at night, in a city he wasn't familiar with wasn't ideal, but they'd taken a cab and he didn't have any means to pay for one with Avery nowhere in sight.

Cage glanced at his phone, it was about a hour until midnight. And he couldn't even see any fireworks out of the window, because the room was facing the wrong way from the main show that was supposed to happen. He frowned.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when he felt a warm hand brush against his waist. He dropped his phone, but the hand caught it and held it up from behind him. Cage recognized the leather bracelet the person was wearing and smiled. "Dexter? What are you doing here?"

Cage turned in Dexters arms and he smiled back. "Avery told me where you guys were going and my friends wanted to go bar hopping to find girls, so here I am."

Cage pressed himself closer to his boyfriend, careful not to spill his drink. "Well, I'm glad you're here becuase I am bored out of my mind."

Dexter chuckled. "You wanna know something?"

Cage sipped his drink. "What?"

Dexter leaned down and whispered into his ear, "I got us a room down the hall. There's a surprise for you there."

Cage gave him a curious look and set down his drink. "Oh?"

"Follow me." Dexter grabbed his hand and led him out of the party, weaving between drunk adults and everyone dressed in bright, glittering outfits.

Dexter took him down the hall, where he used a keycard to open one of the doors and led Cage inside. The lights were off, and Cages eyes immediately landed on the huge window with a view of the city. Candles were lit on two side tables beside the couch that sat just under the window, which had a fluffy blanket laid over it. There was wine next to the candles, and a vase of daisies on the other table.

Cage grinned and turned to face Dexter as he shut the door. "When did you set all of this up?"

"Right before I came to the party." Dexter smiled, nodding towards the couch. "I had to move that thing by myself, I was afraid I'd drop it on my foot and ruin my plan."

"You've been planning this since the beginning, haven't you?"

He smiled wider, the candles flickering in his eyes. "Avery and the others were in on it. They had a friend throw a party at this hotel, and made sure to leave so you wouldn't feel bad going with me."

"You were never hanging out with friends, were you?"

"Nope. I had to run around the city trying to find some damn daisies cause the flower shop I originally planned on going to was closed, and the wine bottle I got at first broke in the cab when it rolled off the seat." He laughed a little. "I was so late getting here."

Cage grinned and pecked him on the lips. "This is so sweet."

Dexter placed his hands on his hips. "It's our first New Years as a couple. I wanted it to be special. And I know how much you love the fireworks so I made sure to get a room with the perfect view."