Puppylove (part 4)

~Monday~

I sat in math class wishing I was back home. I wanted to stretch out on my comfy bed and watch an action movie.

"Perth. Perth. Hey, what'd you get for the last question?" Gemini whispered. I looked over to him and showed my assignment sheet. I was too lazy to work through half the problems.

Once lunch time hit I was out the door and headed to the football field. But then, I looked towards the library. And instead I walked that way without thinking.

When I got to the library I walked straight to the back tables. I wanted to see him.

Chimon was just setting up his books. He was so adorably studious. I went and sat right beside him.

He looked up and smiled at me. "Hi Perth, what're you doing here?"

"Well I don't really have anything to do for lunch, so...here I am" I said, smiling widely. "And by the way, you didn't reply to my last text message."

I hope I didn't sound rude or demanding. I just stressed over his reply for hours yesterday.

He pulled out his phone and checked. "Oh. Sorry, I didn't realize that I didn't reply. Do you still want me to?" He asked with an innocent expression.

"No need," I said and leaned my head against my hand and slouched on the desk. As I did this, he faced forward and opened his book. It was some sort of biography.

I just sat there watching him, noticing the movement of his chest with each breath. I loved the little swoop of his eyelashes. His lips were a light pink shade. He was the most adorable when he glanced over to me without saying a word.

Towards the end of the lunch period, he sat up straight and looked to me. "Is this any fun for you?"

"What? Yeah? Of course, otherwise I wouldn't be here" I said, nodding to reassure him.

"Are you going to eat lunch?"

"I don't think so. Unless you want to go get something?" I replied.

He smiled again. "If you're hungry you really should go get something. I actually brought my lunch with me, so I'm gonna eat now." He unzipped his bag to pull out a lunch box.

I shook my head. And I watched as he opened the container to pre-cooked noddles. "My ma made it this morning. Do you want to try?" He asked.

"Mhmm. Are you going to feed me?" I asked daringly.

His ears turned beet red and he started blushing. "You can use my chopsticks," he said and handed the container to me. He was so cute like this.

I had a few bites and then he did. We shared the same chopsticks. This was basically an indirect kiss. I couldn't believe it. My face was now turning pink just from the thought of our mouths touching the same thing. Imagine if we actually kissed.

"Is everything alright, Perth? Was it too spicy for you?" Chimon asked with a concerned look.

I cleared my throat and mustered up my courage. "It's good. But ummm...Chimon, do you think we could maybe go eat noodles some other time at a restaurant or somewhere or something?" I asked, hoping for a good response.

Chimon smile, "what do you mean?"

"Ahh, well ummm..." I couldn't possibly ask again. This is so awkward. I'm so awkward. "Do you want to go on a date with me sometime?"

He bit his lower lip and looked down at his food. I felt a rejection coming, tears were already forming in my eyes. I felt so stupid.

"I would really really like that Perth" he finally said. He finally looked up to meet my gaze with the sweetest look I've ever seen. I grabbed his right hand. "Really? You mean it? You want to?" I asked, feeling overjoyed.

"Mhmm...I want to...I was really hoping you would ask me."

The tears in my eyes practically disappeared when I heard his reply. A zing of excitement shot through my chest.

I felt his soft skin and rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand. This was just the start, but I was beyond happy. He'll be the perfect first boyfriend, and hopefully first kiss, and first everything.

~Friday after school~

I was literally buzzing with excitement in the car ride home. My driver probably thought I had too much caffeine. Really I'm just beyond excited about seeing Chimon tonight.

I already picked out my outfit yesterday. I know exactly what we're going to do. I spent hours researching the date ideas so that everything would be perfect.

My driver will pick him up in two hours to take us to the shopping center. Then we'll go to the restaurant I picked out. It's a place I've been two a couple of times and I know they gave great stir fry. Even if you don't order noodles, it's still an option. After we eat, we'll explore the mall. And I'll find a time to hold his hand. I really hold it this time and for a bit longer then on Monday. There's also a book shop that we can also go to. I'm sure he'll like that.

I covered my face with both hands, I can't believe it. My first date. And with Chimon. He is the cutest person ever.

______
A/N: this part is a bit shorter than the others in "Puppylove." But I'll have the last part of this short story up soon. :)