Puppylove (part 2)

I can't believe I have to be here before classes even start for the day. I hate cleaning at home, so why do I have to be forced to clean this place? If only the librarian didn't check my attendance for each morning and afternoon I could easily just skip this detention.

I wiped each table down with a cleaning wipe. Most of them don't need to be cleaned since it looks like no one sat here.

I exhaled loudly. "I wish my parents could just pay off the school so I wouldn't need to do any of this." I said in a low voice.

From the back wall of the library I finally heard the front door open. Someone besides myself and Ms. Tonnam is here.

As I finished wiping down the last table, a guy comes around the corner to sit down. It's Chimon, the person I met the other day.

He looked up at me. "Oh good morning," he said and gave a quick smile before dropping his bag down on a chair.

"Hi. Good morning. You're here early." I said before looking at my watch. It was still forty-three minutes until first period.

"Mhmmm. I like to practice my English before class." He said as he began digging through his tan bag.

"So, do you like to study a lot?" I asked with a curious look.

He looked up at me with an unreadable expression. "I guess I do. I don't particularly love it nor hate it. I just do it."

"Really? Hmmm. I don't like studying. I'd rather watch movies or draw or almost anything else."

"Oh" was all he responded and opened his English workbook. He looked down and began writing.

Hmmm, how can he be so unbothered and motivated? Oh well...

I walked off and began dusting as my next cleaning task. Each and every bookshelf needed to be quickly dusted. Making my way down the aisles, all I could think about was why I was given this detention.

I wish the school gave regular forms of punishment like staying out of school for the day or doing an after school detention in a room full of other students who also hit detention. I sighed. "If only this wasn't a school fully of wealthy students." I said aloud. If less rich kids went here then I might actually be able to get away with ditching and I wouldn't get assigned such weird forms of in-school punishment.

~third period~

I walked into my math class and sat at my usual seat by the window.

"Hey dude. You're here again. You don't usually come to three days of math class in a row." Gemini sat at the desk beside me. He looked to me with a mischievous expression. "Wait a minute. Are you scared of getting more detention?" He said with a sly smile.

"No no no that's not it." I said trying to stay composed. Even though that's exactly why I haven't skipped any of my classes this week. The principal said that each time I missed a library check in then another full day of detention would be added. And she said that if I miss any more classes I would be forced to make it up during the summer. There is no way that I'm giving up my summer.

The teacher then came into the classroom and we began class. But I was preoccupied with looking outside. There was a nice breeze with a few birds flying by. From the third floor I could see the parking lot, the football fields, and the edge of the buildings off campus.

Then a group of students ran out onto the football field. I guess that's the physical education class. Hmmmm. I looked a little closer, zoning out what the teacher was talking about so that I could concentrate.

That's him. This is the first time seeing him outside of the library. His hair was blowing in the wind. He talked to some of his classmates. So he couldn't be totally antisocial if he has class friends at the very least.