Chapter 3

Minato POV

I was up late last night which had me tired when I woke up. I wanted to get up early to try and see Obito and hopefully Rin.
Should I go to their tent? would that be intruding... but yet again they probably aren't awake, no harm in checking on them is there? I'm overthinking it, aren't I?
I finally Decided to go to their tent. When I arrived at my destination I slowly opened the tent and what I saw shocked me. Obito was wrapped around Rin under a blanket. Maybe I did miss judge him, the old Obito wouldn't dare touch her like that. I smiled and closed the tent. My pride was skyrocketing at my decision to put them in the same tent. Rin has bee waiting a year to have him back, I wonder what'll happen, I smiled at the thought.
I didn't want to be claimed a stalker so I got out of their vicinity when I saw our dainty medical-nin wandering back and forth between her tents.
"Hey?" I asked.
"H-hello sir.." she sounded panicked.
"Are you ok? Is it Kakashi?" My tone got stern.
"Oh yes, I'm fine, but kakashi woke up and he is in a lot of pain right now. I'm trying to subside it." She said while running to her tent for some pills.
"Can I come?"
"O-of course.." I followed behind her into the tent and I saw Kakashi without his face exposed. The only noise that came from the boy was groans of pain.
"Kakashi... can you talk.." I could tell he tried but he only mumbled gibberish. "That's ok, relax, no point in pushing yourself.." he closed his eyes as his breathing slowed. I smiled, at least you're listening.
I flagged down the medical-nin, "hey, before I leave put a towel over his face."
"O-oh! Sorry sir, I didn't know that would be a problem. I had to, to help give him the treatment." I smiled.
"I understand, he just doesn't like his face being shown around others. I'm sure he would appreciate it if you covered it before anyone saw him." She nodded.
I left the small medic be and returned to my tent. I pulled a sleek wooden picture frame out of my bag and grazed my finger over the boy who was once presumed dead. I no longer had to avoid this picture. A picture when everything was perfect, me in the back holding Kakashi and Obito's heads to face the camera with Rin in the middle making two peace signs with her hands. I am still guilty of your death, but knowing you are alive helps. thank you. thank you for being strong I always knew you were. I hugged the picture frame to my chest with tears running down my face. love you, I love you all! and I promise I'll never be late again.

Rin POV

To my surprise, I actually slept well. I had slept through the night with no problem except for the one time, but regardless I felt refreshed and ready for this new chapter in my life!
I got out of my mind and glanced up to see the scarred face of Obito Uchiha. I still had my arms wrapped around him from last night. I blushed as I untwined myself from the man getting up to stretch. After stretching, I took the blanket and covered the rest of Obito. I examined his face more closely with every second, and ran my fingers through his soft, black, dusty hair. I felt myself getting to close to him and stopped myself. Afterwards, I decided it would be best if I saw Minato-sensai. Quietly, I walked out of the tent. Luckily these tents had charts on the front so we could tell who was in each one, so I found Minato's faster. I took a deep breath and knocked on the metal pole keeping the tent stable.
"Come in." I opened the flap.
"It's just me..." I said nervously.
"Ah yes, I've been waiting for you to wake.." he said happily. My anxiety started to fill my body with fear that my sensai would think of me as a freak, monster, or murderer.
"R-really..?" I sputtered.
"Yes, I want to say I'm proud of you." He smiled.
"What?! Proud?! I could've killed obito-"
"Yes, but you didn't. Even with the partial sealing that they used on you, you controlled yourself. Sure it wasn't pretty, but you did it. Do you know how hard it is for a newly sealed jinjuriki to no release the tailed beast in them? It's extremely rare! you see, I'm proud of you for not killing Obito, and calming the beast inside." I was left speechless. "Either way I'm sure Obito has already forgiven you. isn't that right?" he raised an eyebrow and smirked at me. A shade of red flushed my face.
"U-uh... you didn't happen to....see that... d-did you...?" I could feel my body tensing up and my stomach forming a knot.
"Since when do I not check to make sure my students are ok," he said in a snarl. I bit my lip in discomfort and looked away saying,
"I woke up due to my nightmares and.. him being there seemed to help.." I looked up and his smile faded.
"I see.." his smile slowly reformed, "Don't worry your secret's safe with me." He winked and I smiled.
"I guess I'll go back in my tent. Don't want obito thinking this is all a dream." I chuckled.
"That's probably a good idea." He chuckled. "See you in a bit." He waved.
"Yep, bye!" I waved goodbye as I walked out of the tent. Thankfully Obito was still sleeping when I arrived. I sat down besides him and curled my knees up to my chest and rested my head on them.
I looked down at obito thinking I should wake him up, it was getting late too. I gently shook his arm, but he pulled away. I tugged on it harder. "Uggh...what time is it..." he graoned tiredly as he stretched his arms above his head.
"It's not that early!" I chuckled, and he sat up and groaned more.
"may I remind you I lived in a cave and never knew what time it was..." he said with his eyes closed sounding a bit sarcastic and I just giggled.
"Well, you're not in the cave anymore!"
"Thank god too!" He laughed. I couldn't help but smile at his attitude, I was so happy he hadn't changed much.
"O-oh... and thank you for... cuddling with me... w-without that I probably would have woken up 3 more times in the middle of the night..." my voice shook and he tilted his head.
"First off I didn't mind sleeping with you," he paused and a slight blush crossed his face. "Second why would you wake up 3 more times in the night..." his voice saddened.
"W-well.... ever since you died... all of us... have been having nightmares about it, but I got them the worst. Every night I would wake up at 3 am or earlier in tears. Some nights I would wake up screaming... a-and-" Tears started to fall off my face, but the second they started falling obito dried them. "I- don't want to feel the pain of losing someone ever again.." the tears kept coming and obito kept drying them.
"And I never wanna be separated from my best friend ever again," I said while hugging him. He gently hugged me back. I won't lie, I loved the feeling of obito being more open with me. It was different and I appreciated it. I felt loved and seen, someone important someones voice who gets heard. I lost track of time and realized that we had been in the hug for a good 8 minutes, I finally let go and looked away with a little pink on my cheeks. I could hear Obito laughing at me. "W-what's so funny!" I yelled as his laugh became more intense.
"It's just so funny... I used to be the shy one and now it seems you are instead- hahaha" I got mad as my cheeks were getting warmer.
"You have no room to talk! Last night you were just as heated!" His laughing subsided but he was still smiling and leaned in close to me, "I mean, you're the one who started touching me~" I froze widening my eyes, and I could feel my face getting warmer. With my butterflies rising he kept smiling while looking into my shy eyes, I had no clue Obito was capable of saying such things especially not so forward. "That was hot." he looked at me as if I said that out loud-WAIT.
"I'm sorry.. what?" in an instant the man turned red and backed away. "Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Haha now look who's red!!" I yelled trying to cover up my own embarrassment.
"D-did you just call me hot?" He was red.
"Yea.." I looked down in my pile of shame. He smiled.
"I didn't know you could be forward either.." he smiled awkwardly.

_________________________________________

I love this story~
And revamping it is way fun! I love the changes I made and I hope you do too.
Till next time
-puffin muffin