Part 5

Her mother squeezed Adrien's hand softly, telling him.

"Why don't you already go upstairs too. She's in your old room. I'll bring us some pancakes and something to drink, yeah?"

He wanted to object but then he reconsidered and agreed.

"Okay. Thank you for being so open to, well, everything. And dad, Nath, congratulations. We've been betting on how long it will take the two of you to finally admit your feelings for each other back then. At least tell me how long you've been married already."

"A little over a month, Adrien. Now go and get to know your daughter. And it's good to see you smile again." Gabriel said as he laid an arm around his son's shoulders.

The younger man complied, and with a short glimpse at his daughter's mother, he left the room.

"What are you up to, Nathalie?" Marinette immediately questioned.

"Me? Up to? I have no idea what you mean, Marinette. Just grab your food and go be with your family!" Nathalie countered and winked at her again. Then she added, "For Emma."

"You're playing dirty, Mrs Agreste!" She grunted through gritted teeth.

Nathalie laughed over this.

"I am only looking out for the ones I love. Which includes you by the way, Marinette. And now off you go. Don't leave them alone for too long. I haven't seen Adrien like this for years, but I can't tell if he's completely sober. I don't want to scare you, but..."

She sighed and looked at her husband.

"Nathalie is right." Gabriel confirmed. "He seems normal, but after all the time trying to drown his sorrow and anger, I can't tell for sure either. So you better go."

"I trust him to not harm her, but I'll go anyway. And I will just ask him about it. I think I can still tell when he's lying."

The newly wedded couple watched her leave. Gabriel turned to his wife and wondered.

"Do you think we will finally get the chance to enjoy our life in matrimony? I mean, when Adrien gets back on track, and they will somehow find back together. We had hardly any time for just the two of us so far. If this won't change, it's going to be rather difficult to try for our own little miracle."

He brushed a couple of loose hairs from her face before he cupped her cheek. "What's wrong, my love? I thought you wanted a child with me. What changed?"

Nathalie hesitated. Eventually she told him how she felt lately.

"I still want that, Gabriel. But since we have Marinette and Emma here, I had the feeling that Emma was enough for you. And to be honest, if you were happy like this, I'd be too. I just need you to tell me."

She had faced into another direction while she spoke and her husband knew exactly why.

"Nath, my love, my sweet darling. Look at me please. When I asked you to marry me, to become a family, I was very serious. I would do everything to see you happy. And having a baby with you would make me just as happy, because I love you so much and creating a life together, what better proof for our eternal love could we find?"

Beaming widely, Nathalie laid her arms around his neck and started to kiss him savagely.

"How long do you think we have until they start arguing?" She asked with a seductive grin.

Gabriel shrugged.

"Does it matter? We can lock the door to our bedroom, love."

Her grin even widening, his wife grabbed him by his tie and pulled him down to her, whispering hoarsely.