Part 13

When Gabriel knocked on the bathroom door, Nathalie's voice was shaky as she called.

"Come in."

Seeing his wife so worked up and pale, he wondered.

"What's going on, darling? You wanted to get some breakfast and almost an hour later, Marinette comes barging into our bedroom and tells me you have some issue in the guest bathroom to discuss. Now I get in here and see you like that. You're scaring me, my love."

That made his former assistant smile and she pointed at something on the side of the sink.

"It's nothing to worry about, Gabe. And in about three minutes we'll know for sure. Marinette figured out I might be pregnant. I didn't..." She let out a short sob. "I d-didn't even think... I-I..."

Gabriel was so shocked at the very moment that he only reacted on instinct when he pulled her into his arms. It took him a couple of seconds until he realised what she had said and that she was completely overwhelmed and worked up and pulled back a little to look into her eyes.

"Shush, my love. If you're pregnant, you shouldn't get yourself all worried and anxious. What made you like that? I mean, we've been hoping for this moment for a while already, right?"

Nathalie shrugged and buried her face in his chest.

"I don't know. Where's my phone? Are those three minutes over?"

Gabriel looked around for her device, then started to grin.

"I don't know how much time has actually passed and I don't care. Have a look."

He pointed at the small plastic stick and Nathalie looked and gasped then squealed.

"Oh my, I'm really pregnant. We're having a real baby, honey!"

He bent down to kiss her then whispered.

"I told you, we'll succeed soon. And now I'll carry you back into our bed and 'I' will be the one serving 'you' breakfast in bed. And while I prepare our food and the coffee, which you certainly already had and therefore shouldn't have another, I will go and rub it under my son's nose."

Nathalie giggled.

"You're being mean. In two very different ways even. Towards Adrien, because he really wants a second child and towards Marinette because she wants to make sure that they'll get along before bringing another kid into the situation of not having both parents around." She scolded him.

"Well, my love, I agree with my son. They can't not work out, now that they eventually talked about everything. Back then they never argued. It was all a huge misunderstanding and no matter how much they both were hurting, they finally are happy again. Or rather they're very close to be." Gabriel objected and nudged her gently out of the bathroom. In the corridor he immediately grabbed her and lifted her up bridal style, then really carried her into their bedroom and placed her carefully on the mattress.

"Mh, it's still warm from where you were lying. And it smells like you." She sighed contently, then yawned and snuggled into the cushions. "Take your time with the breakfast, I think I'll take a little nap. I feel as if I hadn't slept at all."

Her husband smiled compassionately and tugged her in before kissing her again.

"Sleep well, my darling. I'll hurry anyway so you won't have to wait for your meal too long. It's important that you get all the nutritions you both need from now on. I love you, Nathalie Agreste. And I love our little baby already."

When he knocked on the door to Adrien and Marinette's flat, he had already put the breakfast together and was now only waiting for the water tea to be done and the eggs to be ready.