☾ - 𝐕 - ✧

{──────────── ☾ ✧ ────────────}

this is terrible. nova thought she might have been dreaming, since hinata was playing so horribly it was hard to believe she was awake. his nerves had gotten the better of him when the match began, and he'd lost karasuno many points since then. he even knocked over the referee's ladder at one point. thankfully, the referee wasn't hurt from the fall, but nova didn't think that made it okay.

the score was now 24-13, and with karasuno so far behind it was obvious who would win this set. nova watched with dread as hinata prepared to serve the ball. he will most likely mess this up because of his nerves. maybe he will hit the net?

nova watched as hinata basically fumbled the ball as he threw it up to spike, and it was so low that it was guaranteed to hit the net if there wasn't a player in the way.

there was a player in the way.

the ball hit kageyama's head.

nova wanted to run when she saw the flames surrounding kageyama's form. he will not kill hinata... surely not. but when nova saw the dark look on his face, it made her thoughts seem laughable. she heard faintly the sound of the whistle indicating that aoba johsai had won this set, but she couldn't look away from kageyama as he slowly turned to hinata. the court was deathly silent, and hinata looked as if he were preparing himself for his grave.

that is, until tanaka snickered, and suddenly he and tsukishima bust out laughing at hinata. well. tsukishima's was much quieter with a hand over his mouth, but his expression immediately made nova feel more relaxed. she definitely did not think the situation was laughable, but if tsukishima wasn't concerned then it made her want to not worry about hinata's possible death.

"is your head okay?!" tanaka called to kageyama, who still stood frozen with his head down. "nice headshot, man!" tsukishima added. he was laughing so hard now that his head was thrown back with his arms wrapped around his stomach. nova watched his reaction with awe. how can he be so stoic one minute and so expressive the next? there was a warm feeling in her stomach as she watched him, and she brought up a hand to cover it, frowning uncomfortably. oh no. am i going to throw up like hinata now?

as kageyama slowly walked towards hinata's quivering form, probably to scold him as usual, tsukishima turned towards nova where she sat on the bench. his body still shook with silent laughs as he mouthed something to nova. she squinted, trying to interpret his words. "he's so stupid." nova nodded in response, proud of herself for understanding the meaning. she narrowed her eyes at him though, not sure why he found the situation so funny. kageyama could have gotten seriously hurt.