THE INVITATION

I had just returned from Ivy's home in the evening and met my parents seated for dinner. It was the usual long and boring dinner. Unable to focus on my food, I left everything there to my bedroom.

Ivy is my best friend, my childhood best friend...

The silence is always about my rebellious brother, always causing trouble and this time he bullied a student which landed the victim in the hospital with his parents asking for compensation from my parents.

I collapsed on my reading chair letting the thoughts sink deep until my nanny woke me up, "Irene, you have a mail." She said and left it on the table.

I picked it up grudgingly and nearly tossed it out in the waste bin that was beside me but something caught my attention. It was the name of the sender and the address which read.

"Number 24 Queenstown, Lake Street, Avilon.
From Mr/Mrs Jacobson Anderson.
To Ms Irene Jacobson."

My jaw dropped the moment I saw the contents of the letter, I screamed in excitement. My grandparents had just sent an invitation mail for me to spend my winter vacation with them. I had lost hope of leaving this boring and suffocating house for an adventure filled winter not until now.

"Why are you thrilled?" A cold voice asked sending shivers down my spine.

I turned to see who it was, "Mom..." I said hiding the mail behind me.

"Let me see..." She said and snatched the mail from me. Her face turned into a frown.

I watched her anxiously, waiting for her response, "Mom?"

"You're going nowhere." She said and tore off the mail. My heart sank in agony because my only hope had been shattered, but at the moment an idea popped in as I smiled mischievously at her while she stared furiously at me and then walked out.

PS: Tell me what you like about this chapter in the comments section and don't forget to vote for this chapter... Your support goes a long way❤️❤️