14 •Lovely Eyes

Start from the beginning

"Zay!"

He drifted into a large rising wall of cloud, his glowing hair disappearing altogether and she stopped, staring at where he was last seen with a look.

Like she was done with him.

She blinked rapidly, shaking her head as her lips parted and closed, parted and closed as if she were about to say something but was so fed up.

A low, long breath left her as she gazed around, staring at the gliding angels that whipped by, most carrying souls while others did...
Strange things.

Her eyes connected with another, and she felt her heart race for a moment, like when you make eye contact with someone you don't even know thirty times in the last  minute.

You ever look at someone and just be like,
"Oh, they're gay."

That's how Rena reacted.

The woman's hair was white, as was everyone's, and it flowed gracefully behind her, never honoring the ground with it's touch as it billowed around her like a dress. Her eyes were sharp, catlike, and they had a strange lightness to them, as if their actual color was extremely light. Her body shape was elegant, feminine, her fingers long and slender, and Rena blinked when the woman's hand raised and waved at her. Her aura was significantly lighter than others, closer to white than yellow.

She was about to wave back when an angels wing brushed her over, causing her to lose sight of the woman.

Damnit, she was fine too.

Her finger subconsciously began to tap her chin as she began to get lost in her thoughts.

I feel like I remember her from somewhere.

She felt a tap on her right shoulder, and she turned to look behind her when a large hand held her other shoulder, bringing her attention back and she gasped as she saw the woman hovering near her face, a calm smile doning her expression.

"Hello." The greeting was smooth, gentle. Airy.
Rena liked the sound of her voice. It was light, yet it had a tone that made her stomach warm.

"Hello?" She couldn't help how it came out. Like she was a rude person.
She was just startled.

She saw her smile widen, not by a lot, just a little as her feet settled on the clouds. Rena then briefly wondered if she was able to stand on the clouds now because she was a First One.

And then she realized that her neck was turned up to look at the woman, and she nearly cursed when she compared their heights.

Six feet...

At least.

"Are you a Virgin?"

She choked.

"No— I mean, why," Her eyes blinked rapidly as she quickly processed the question.

The woman's head tilted, her eyes narrowing with amusement.

"Pardon my language, I mean, are you a new soul?"

Oh.

"Yeah. Uhm, my tour guide just took off without me so, erm, no, I mean yeah."

Her head tilted more.

"Tour guide?"

She looked away thoughtfully.

"I suppose you do need to know your way around this labyrinth."