I sat with Josie in the living room while she was an anxious mess. She didn't speak and her hand was gripping her phone so tightly, I'm surprised it didn't break. It finally rang and she quickly picked up. RJ started talking to her and she let out a huge sigh of relief and her tears started to fall. She handed the phone out to me, "RJ needs to talk to you." My stomach dropped even more. I put the phone up to my ear, "RJ? What's going on?" I said very warily.

"I'm sorry Lex. I needed to know everything before I called you. Tylee was hurt very badly tonight." I gasped and put my other hand to my mouth, tears already running down my face. "Lexi, you need to know. We lost her for a bit." I cried out loud at that and Josie was beside me, rubbing my back in comfort. I lost her, for just a little bit but she was gone. My heart was breaking just thinking about it. RJ kept talking, "They got her back, but it wasn't pretty. Her heart is beating but she's not responding or breathing on her own. She took some heavy blows and lost a lot of blood. They're moving her to a different room. You can come see her whenever you're ready."

I was still crying and unable to form words. Jo took the phone from me. "I'll bring her in just a bit. Love you." She hung up the phone and helped me up. "She's not responding, Jo." She put her arms around me, and I sank into her hug. "I know. We need to be there now; in case she wakes up." I nodded and let her go. We walked out and headed to her car.

I was anxious the whole way and nearly jumped out before Josie could park it. Haley was sitting in the main lobby, waiting on us. She stood up as we walked in, "They didn't want to leave her side so I told them I would bring you to her." We gave her a quick hug and followed her down a hallway. There weren't very many rooms down this hall, and it didn't look like any of the rooms were taken. That meant she was the only patient in this hall. Haley walked in first, then Josie took my hand, looking as nervous as I felt. We walked in together and I felt my breath catch when I looked at Tylee.

She laid there in the bed motionless. IVs hooked up to her, monitors beeping, a machine breathing for her. RJ and Dylan were on either side of her bed. She was paler than usual. Josie moved to be beside RJ, who wrapped his arms around her for the comfort they both needed. He then moved out of the way so she could take his side by Ty. Haley had also embraced Dylan and moved him away so I could move up to sit by my girlfriend. I sat and stared at the one person I wanted to hug me and tell me it was ok. I took her hand in mine and just sat beside her, hoping my presence would be enough.

"The doctors said she needed to heal, and she should come back to us." RJ started explaining out loud. I listened but never moved my eyes away from her. "They replenished her blood and stitched her up. She just needs to wake up." I swallowed, taking it all in.

"Will you tell me what happened?" I asked in a small voice, trying to not let my voice crack.

"Are you sure you want to know?" RJ asked with concern. I nodded my head, knowing he would see it.

Dylan was the one who told the story. He could only tell it from his point of view. He heard her scream in pain and when he went to find her, she was already injured and bleeding. He was the one who got her to the van, and the one who started CPR to save her life. I had tears streaming down my face, my heart feeling like it was breaking again. "She thought about you." That pulled me from my trance. I turned my gaze on him. "She told me that she promised you she would come back." I put a hand over my mouth as a sob tore from my throat. Josie quickly came around to me and pulled me into a hug. RJ and Dylan stood on either side of her, their hands on my back, showing me just how much they were there for me as they were for Ty.

"Thank you." I said aloud to everyone in the room. "I know she's your sister but since I've been here, you've treated me the same. It's the closest thing I've had to a real family." Josie pulled back and put my face in between her hands, "We are your family. Just as you are ours, Alexis." Her hands moved to my shoulders. "We love you and will always be here for you." Another round of tears rolled down my face as I looked at RJ and Dylan's agreeing nods.

"It's almost sunrise and none of us have had any sleep. You can stay with Tylee, or you can ride back to the house with us." RJ announced. I looked at Ty again, knowing there was no way I could leave her side. "I'll stay." Everyone seemed to know that's what I was going to do. "Then I'll trust you to let us know if she wakes up before we return." I nodded to him. They came up and gave Ty a kiss on the head, then mine before they walked out of the room. I moved closer to her and laid down beside her, my head level with hers. I was stroking her face, wanting her eyes to pop open and look at me. "Please come back to me, love. You promised you would come back." She didn't show any sign she heard me. I sighed and curled my body more into her to get some rest.

The next day went by slowly. She was getting more color back which was a good sign. Her vitals stayed normal, and everything was as well as it could be. She just needed to open her eyes. I was going stir crazy waiting for her. Everyone came in and out throughout the day. Josie stayed with me the longest to keep me company. I was left alone once again that evening. I was getting uncomfortable and decided to go for a walk. I went to the coffee machine and started to make myself a cup, when I heard an increase in mumbling and saw some people running down the hall. Running toward Tylee's room. I put my cup down and followed them. I pushed my way through the crowd at her door and stumbled into the room where two doctors were looking her over.

I looked at her and her eyes quickly found mine. She was awake. I stopped in my tracks, unable to continue forward. She didn't stop looking at me when her commanding voice, scratchy from the tube that's been removed, yelled one word, "Leave." Everyone shuffled out behind me, and the door shut when the last one left. Finally broken out of the shock I was in, I rushed to her side. I seated myself beside her, not wanting to hurt her but she had different plans. Her hands went to my head, and she pulled me into a scorching hot kiss. She didn't let me go for a long while as we sat there, caught up in each other. When we broke apart, she put her forehead against mine.

"I'm so sorry, Lex." With tears falling down my face, I shook my head. "No. Don't be sorry. You came back to me and that's all that matters." I caressed her face while inhaling her scent. After a minute I pulled back and looked into her eyes. "I have to call your brothers. They've been just as worried." She nodded at me and pulled me into a quick kiss and sent me to make the call.

I helped her sit up and was redressing her wounds when the door flew open, and Dylan was standing there with tears in his eyes. He ran to her uninjured side and pulled her into a huge hug. Followed closely by RJ, then Josie. Haley came up and gave her a smaller hug, minding her wounds the others seemed to have forgotten about. I tried to move away and let them have their family moment, when I felt Ty's arm snake around my waist and pull me onto the bed beside her while she kept talking to her brothers. I got comfortable as Josie sat beside me, and we continued talking like the family we were.