2

Ona's POV

"You look nervous." Aitana glanced across the room at me. Tonight was the final. How could I not be nervous? Tonight was the biggest game in my career so far.

"I'm just going to go grab a coffee." I bounced off of the hotel bed and quietly walked the long halls of the hotel.

Today could be the best day of my life.

"What not even a small shoulder bump?" The voice from yesterday...

I spun around to see the same Australian girl from yesterday standing a meter away from me. This time a much more formal outfit rather the Barcelona soccer jersey from yesterday.

"Well yesterday's contact was an accident."

"Your accent? I take it you're here to watch the World Cup?" She smiled at me and stood there with her hands held behind her back as she shyly awaited an answer.

Shit. Shit. Shit. What do I say? What if she's a soccer super fan the starts freaking out over me? But if she was wouldn't she have noticed who I am already? Maybe I'll just go for a vague answer.

"Yeah I'm here for the World Cup."

"Vague." She smiled immediately catching on to the tone in my voice or maybe the nervous way I was acting.

"Amelia, by the way. It's nice to actually meet you." She stuck her hand out and I grabbed it instinctively.

"Ona, it's nice to meet you too."

"Can I treat you to a drink?" The smile dropped from mh face as I thought of an answer. I should really just grab a drink and go back up to my room. I need to focus today and the coach would kill me if I was caught down here with some random girl.

"Or not...sorry I'll let you go-."

"I would love to." I smiled as she lead me over to the barista.

I couldn't help but smile at the blonde Australian girl standing in front of me carefully examining the menu. Her hair lightly curled sitting just below her shoulders. Her eyes were a beautiful forest green.

God what am I doing?

I'm standing here basically on mini date with a girl I'm probably never going to see again. Why was I going to do this to myself?!

"So Spain, right?"

"How'd you know?" I tilted my head looking at her curiously.

"I've actually been to Spain a handful of times. You sound like a Spanish girl trying to speak English. So be honest with me. Are you like a trainer or something with the national team?"

Shit.

"What makes you think that?"

"Come on Ona. You just give of this vibe that you're keeping something from me. You're a terrible liar." She grinned as my face turned red.

"Okay Ms. Australia you got me." I shook my head as I prepared another lie.

"So what is it?"

"I am on the Spanish national team's staff. Which is why I will have to leave here soon." I frowned not wanting to end this moment.

"Well I'm glad I got to meet you Ona. Maybe I'll see you at that game tonight." My eyes grew large when I realized what she meant.

"You're going to the game?!" I let the question slip out a bit panicked.

"My father bought me front row seats. I was hoping to see Australia in the final, but England versus Spain is going to be a hell of a game. Congrats on your country making it to the final. I'll see you around." She gave me one last look before leaving the table.

I almost sprinted back up to my room as soon as she was out of sight. I had to tell Aitana everything. She'll freak out that I saw her again. I can't believe I saw her again!

Amelia.

What is so special about you?

"Aitana!"

"You'll never believe what just happened!"

"Do tell." She sent a smile probably happy to see me less nervous now.

"I saw the girl."

"Okay not tracking?"

"The girl in the Barcelona jersey from yesterday. Do you not remember her?"

"Oh the one you were all smiley over. What about her?" Aitana asked me laughing.

"Well her name is Amelia and she thinks that I'm just a trainer or something for our team. Apparently she's going to be at the game today so like what do I do?" I asked her panicked but the only response she let out was a hysterical laugh.

"Omg superstar. Did you give her a fake name too while you were at it?" Aitana held her stomach as she laughed.

"Of course not...I just didn't give her my full name either." I groaned as I fell back onto my bed.

"She's so pretty." I gushed looking up at the ceiling. I'm so falling for a girl I just met what a fool...

"Ona...it's a bad idea." Aitana softly sat down on my bed beside me and I sighed knowing she was right and agreeing with it a little bit too easily.

"Yeah I know."

"I'm sorry O."

"I'm not. It's just life." I shrugged as she pushed the baby hairs behind my ear.

"If you see her tonight atleast say goodbye. It'll help you out I promise." I gave a small nod as I closed my eyes. I just wish that maybe I got a chance with her.

Because if the universe brought her into my life surely it wasn't just for a three day crush. There's no way I'd feel this much towards some girl I'd only get to share the same space with for three days. It's not fair and life doesn't hate me like that.

I have to try and find a way.