Picking Someone Your own Size

"For centuries, the troll and human worlds stood separate and at peace, divided by bridges that acted as doorways between our two realms. But the Gumm-Gumms wanted to devour all of mankind. They were led by Gunmar "the Black." The rest of trollkind fought against him, culminating in the great Battle of Killahead Bridge, the portal to Gunmar's Darklands. After many moons, good triumphed over evil, and our great Trollhunter, Deya "the Deliverer," locked Gunmar away, exiling him to the Darklands, and sealed the Killahead Bridge with the sacred amulet. After we tore it apart, stone by stone. We left the old world in search for peace. We stowed away on a ship called the Mayflower, just a handful of us and some gnomes we'd brought along for companionship and nourishment. Finally, we arrived in a strange exotic realm."

As Blinky was explaining the history of trollkind, Lucas was listening but struggled to stay awake, however his stepsister was snoring away.

"New Jersey." Aarrrghh added.

"We kept walking. Eventually, we came across a new Heartstone, and we realized we found a new home... under Arcadia." Blinky finished, lowering his book to look up at the three, only to see Barbara sleeping against Aarrrghh's arm.

Lucas leaned her head onto the large troll's other arm, still trying to stay awake, but seemed to enjoy listening to the interesting history lesson.

Blinky groans and approaches the sleeping woman, bringing the open book close to her face and slamming it shut, creating a loud thud that woke up the woman.

"Oh Jim, I'm sorry, I forgot to pack your lunch! Huh?"

Barbara was startled and blurted out.

The blue troll in front of her kneels down with a disappointed expression.

"The training of Troll history might seem like a minor duty, Lady Barbara, but-"

"Sorry, I stayed up all night until three in the morning working at the clinic last night and my brain is messy right now. I don't know. I guess I thought if I'm facing Draal in a week, my training would be a little more... active?" The woman spoke.

"Yeah, when is she going to learn how to fight properly?" Lucas questions, putting his arm over his stepsister's shoulders.

"Before one fights, Lucas, one must understand why one fights. For these precious early steps will decide whether a young Trollhunter will become a Deya "the Deliverer"..." Blinky points over to a statue of the first Trollhunter.

"Or Unkar "the Unfortunate."' Aarrrghh added.

The group looked over at the cowardly looking statue.

"Well, tomorrow I have another late night shift at work, so my main concern is my immediate future." The woman spoke.

"A-ha! But, to learn what will happen in the future, one must only look to the past."

Blinky hands over the book to Barbara, only for her to yelp and struggles to carry the heavy book.

"I recommend A Brief Recapitulation of Troll Lore by the venerable Behedile. Volume one of forty-seven." The blue troll spoke.

"Okay, but if I don't get to work in time, I will get in trouble and I need to provide for my son. If Jim notices something is wrong, he will find out. I'm sorry, Blinky, but the amulet chose me, and now I have two lives to keep up." Barbara replied as she carried the book, walking backwards from the group.

Suddenly, a female troll ran up to Blinky looking upset and out of breath.

Before she could speak, the blue troll got worried seeing how urgent her expression was.