Chapter ten-

"No, no, no, no!" Thomas shouted, throwing his head into his hands.

"Thomas?" His mom asked, her voice muffled by the door.

"Come in mom." he said without thinking and the door swung open.

"Honey?" She asked, looking down at the letters. "Is this about Teresa?"

Thomas sighed, pulling his hands down on his face. "Sort of."

Melissa sat down on the bed waiting for him to explain.

Now or never Thomas thought.

"So..uh, mom-" Thomas began awkwardly, "N-Newt is uhh, kinda more than...more than just a f-friend."

His moms expression didn't change until Thomas paused for a few seconds. "Okay, continue!" She pushed, rotating her hands in a circle motion.

Thomas was shocked. "Your okay with that? I'm gay and you don't care?"

"Of course not!" His mother scoffed, "Now continue!"

Thomas rolled his eyes. "Well, we we're cuddling and kinda fell alseep.."

"Awwww!" Melissa interrupted.

Thomas ignored her and started gaining some confidence. "Newt woke up and saw my box of letters. He read a few and I guess thinks Teresa is my girlfriend."

Melissa's face changed slightly. "Just tell him that she's your sister."

Thomas groaned. "I can't until tomorrow, he ran out before I could and blocked me!"

Melissa just shrugged. "What's wrong with one night alone?"

"No, mom. You don't understand." Thomas croaked, his voice weakening and cracked. "Newt..h-hurts himself."

Melissa didn't say anything. She got up and headed downstairs. Thomas sprung up and followed.

When he came downstairs he saw his mom wearing her shoes and holding car keys at the door. "You coming?" She asked. Thomas smiled, he was so lucky to have a mom like her.

* * *
Newt ran home, not stopping once. He burst through the door and ran up to his room without a word to his parents, who sat on the couch.

He collapsed on his bed in a pile of tears to continue his sobbing.

He heard a violently loud knock at his bedroom door. "Newt?!" His dad growled.

Newt quickly opened the door and wiped his eyes. "Y-ya dad?" He asked nervously. "Why are you crying, you wimpy excuse for a man?!" His dad yelled, one of the less mean things he's said today.

Newt just shrugged his shaky shoulders.

"Make me dinner." His dad demanded and they both went downstairs.

Newt quickly pulled out a pot and began to boil some water.

"Newt!" A nasally voice snapped from the couch-his mom.

"Yes, mom?" He replied with much fear.

"Get me a drink!" She ordered, with a snap of her fingers.

Newt nodded and quickly ran to get a glass. He carefully poured her some wine and brought it to his mom.

She stared down the liquid for a few seconds before rotating the glass and watching all it's contents pour out onto the floor.

"Newt! Clean up on aisle three!" She snorted.

Newt quickly put some pasta into the pot and raced back to the living room with a cloth to wipe up the mess.

Ding dong.

"Newt, get the door!" His father shouted from upstairs.

Newt threw the cloth into the sink as he rushed to the door, his eyes still red.

"Tommy?" He asked in disbelief as Thomas stood in his doorframe his mom a few steps behind.

"Newt?!" His mother angrily called from the couch. "Who's at the door?!"

Sweat was visible on Newts face. "Just a friend!" He shouted back, cringing.

"This is a bad time, Tom-Thomas." he said coldly.

"Newt! Where is my dinner?!" His father shouted coming down the stairs. The man walked into the kitchen and looked in the pot. "Did you burn it?!" He screeched throwing the pot towards Newt who ducked.

Thomas put up his arm in defence but the pot flew past his head and outside.

"Why is the damn door open?! Who are these people?! Go get my damn pot and make me more dinner!" His dad shouted in a deep voice.

Newt nodded and ran into the road to grab the pot.

He turned his head to see two bright headlights rushing towards him.