CHAPTER 5

RICARDO
----------

"Why would your parents name your brother Dental?What was with the yummy fluffy round bread with melted sugar and blueberries?What did you give me for dinner last night...mousala? Are you single?" She asked. I couldn't help but laugh at her questions. This girl is one of a kind.

"First of all his name is Dante, D-A-N-T-E. Second what you had for breakfast is called pancakes, the melted sugar is called syrup.You had Moussaka for dinner last night. lastly I am not single love sorry." She slumped her shoulders after hearing the last part, But just smiled it off.

"Oh. Do you have a boyfriend or a girlfriend.I don't judge?" Excuse me?

"I'm very straight love."

"Do you mind being in a polygamous relationship?" She looked me dead in the eyes hoping for a positive response.

"Yes i do mind. I am not that type of person." She frowned making her look even more adorable.

"Can i go to my room now?" she asked with her head lowered.

"Are you upset with me? Don't be okay and even if i was single you are very young for me ok?"

"how old are you?"

" 21, turning 22." I stated proudly.

"Date me when i become legal then." She looked at me with a smile plastered on her face making me choke on my own saliva. Is she determined on being with me?

"What if i'm married by then?" I think this will set the boundary.

"I love widowed men."

"I only spoke about marriage...oh." I'm sure this is not the same girl that we kidnapped. "I had you kidnapped. You remember right?"
1
"I do, but i am willing to give us a chance.I can change you. Ew cringe but what i meant to say is that i will keep on having feelings for you even though it's one sided." She sighed in defeat.

"Well...maybe if you try to appease me then i might give us a "chance"." I air qouted the last part. Her eyes lit up instantly and before i knew it, her hands were wrapped around my neck.My heart...it's beating so fast. who is she? Why am i feeling like this? I wrapped my hands aroind her waist cautiously to not make her uncomfortable. My hands felt like they belong. She is different.

***********
(Time Skip)

It's been a week since Lia has been with us.She's a menace. Dante is a serious bad influence on her. The rest of my family has met her and Amelia's already planning our wedding and Mama supports her telling me that Lia is just perfect.

Today is my day off, i hate working on Tuesdays so i made it my day offs.Lia will be starting school next week cos there were some formalities we had to go through. She was shocked to find out that she's in Italy. Someone knocks on my door. I tell them to enter and in walks Lia. My hurt flutters and i stop what i'm doing to give her my fullest attention.

"Rico,how do i look?" She shyly asked me.She was wearing a white oversized hoodie with her hair braided into two french braids.

"What did you call me?" I asked trying to hide my happiness.

"Rico. Don't you like it?"

"Only you get to call me that love, understood?" Her cheeks instantly turned red at the sound of that.She nodded in agreement.

"What about your "girlfriend"?" She air qouted the word.

"She is not really a girlfriend girlfriend, just someone who keeps me company." i tell her honestly leaving out some details.

"Tell her to leave, i am here now." I nodded in response. I wonder if she actually knows what i meant by "keeping me company.

"Do i look good or not?"

"You look adorable love."

"Why do you keep calling me love?"

"Because you are lovely." Her cheeks did not dissapoint in expressing her emotions. I have been smiling more than often lately, I am adjusting just well with this sudden change. She came over to where i was sitting and hugged me from behind placing a kiss on my temple.

"Uhm what are you two doing?"

Hello my dear cupcakes☺Hope you are well wherever you are. Thank you so much for the 60+ reads. I hope to finish writing this book just before christmas or the 8th of January. Anyways have a good day and don't forget to vote and leave a comment.💞💗