part 3

1:45pm
"Sienaaa. Siennnaaa. SIENA LUZ SAVELLI."
"IM UP WHAT HAPPENED??"
"Jesus girl I've been calling you for 10 minutes why are you still sleeping??"

I wake up to my mom banging on my door.

Ugh I hate that my mom doesn't understand weekends. She expects me to be up and at em at SEVEN. Like please I just had the most dreadful week of my life and I can't even get a couple hours of sleep?

"Sorry mom what's up?" I say and I get up and start walking to my door to open it.

Looking up to my mom I see her face get filled with slight disappointment. Her expression quickly switches to neutral and what looks like a smile starts to form.

"Siena I need you to do me a favor." she says with a giddy tone.
"Okay sure, what do you need." I reply while yawning.
"So Susan and Frank are going out of town for tonight and need a babysitter.. I told them you could it.." she says scrunching her face up hoping I don't get mad.. but I do.
"you WHAT?? ARE YOU INSANE?" Hearing her say those words instantly get me out my sleeping state and I'm now fully awake and PISSED.
"Okay calm down it's not that big of a deal-" I interrupt her trying to explain herself.
"Not a big deal?? You just signed me up to take care of kids I barely know! And what if I had plans !" I say trying to justify my anger.
"Plans? Really?" She chuckles slightly. "You'll be fine it's only for tonight from 6:00pm-1:00am."
"You're telling me I'm gonna be at Rodri- uh um at the Heffley's house for 7. hours." Pure shock takes over my face as I CANT believe my mom would do this to me.
"Look I already told Susan you'd be perfect for this and plus you have some experience from your brother and that babysitters club you did in middle school right? I don't wanna make a bad impression on Susan and tell her you can't." She says to me with sincerity in her voice.
"Mom that babysitters club lasted like a week.. after we lost a kid." I say with a serious face and tone.
My mom squints her eyes and exclaims, "Soo.. you'll do it!"
"Fine yes you win." I sigh and roll my eyes playfully.
"Awesome! Just be ready by 5 and Susan will go over everything and let you know what you'll need to do.. oh and did I mention you'll be getting paid?"
"PAID? HELL YEAHH" That just made everything so much better. Maybe this won't be too bad.

I spent the next couple hours just going on with my day trying not to overthink what I'm gonna have to do later.. babysit the Heffley's. Will Rodrick be there? Isn't he a little too old to have a babysitter.. actually never mind I see how his parents would want one. Ugh I just don't want it to be awkward especially since I accidentally saw him changing.. ACCIDENTALLY. We both acted like nothing happened when Greg asked but still I hope he doesn't think I'm weird or maybe he just forgot the whole situation completely.
And my mom was right I did have experience taking care of kids because of my brother but.. that's my brother, I've never taken care of other people's kids except that one time but that's a different story.. Manny is barely 3, what am I supposed to do with him? At that age my brother was just eating everything and pooping everywhere. I'll cry if I have to change a single diaper today.

I eventually stop torturing myself by overthinking this babysitting gig and start getting ready

I eventually stop torturing myself by overthinking this babysitting gig and start getting ready. I do my hair and put on some makeup and end up choosing this outfit to be somewhat comfy since I'll be there pretty late. I wonder what it'll be like to just be there with the 3 of them.. Ohmygod.
It just actually hit me that I'm gonna be with Rodrick.. in HIS HOUSE. Lord please let him just stay in his room I really don't have the strength to deal with him or his nonsense. Why would my mom think I was capable of doing this?? She has physically seen me melt down in a grocery store after the cashier asked if I wanted a bag but I couldn't decide.