Closer than Ever

Fifth prompt for Seiusa Week 2023, Unbreakable Bond.

This scene takes place during Chaos Theory Act 60: Together we'll Fight to the End. Usagi had to leave the hotel room after her first night together with Seiya to return to Boston to fight the dirt creatures that popped up during the tour stop in that city.

Seiya was in a daze for the last twenty minutes while trying to get ready for a television interview. He couldn't believe what happened last night, or for that matter what Usagi experienced. The thought of what Sailor Pluto had done angered him.

How could Sailor Pluto try to change the timeline to prevent them from being together? Trying to stop Usagi from becoming Sailor Cosmos was dangerous, it led to Chaos returning. Thank goodness Sailor Cosmos was able to reseal Chaos. He hates what Usagi had to go through that again without him.

He finishes buttoning his shirt. He was there in that alternative timeline, but it was a different version of himself. No one remembers any of the incident other than Cosmos, Pluto, and Charon due to their abilities to control time.

Usagi must have been terrified. He could hear it in her voice when she told him what unfolded last night. And to think he was originally against her visit. He was glad she was persistent about seeing him.

His cheeks flush as his mind wanders to what else occurred the night before after Usagi told him of the other timeline. That was also unexpected. Last night changed their relationship forever. It was bound to happen sooner or later, he was just not expecting it to turn out that way. Not that he is complaining. He would welcome other late night visits.

He straightens his tie in the mirror. As strange as it sounds, Sailor Pluto is partly responsible for bringing them even closer together. Recent events only straightened the bond they share. He smirks slightly. Pluto wanted to keep them apart but her efforts did the complete opposite.

Seiya hates being this fair away from Usagi but she was so insistent for the Three Lights to continue on the tour while she stayed behind with Rei, Michiru, Haruka, and Mamoru to fight any lingering creatures along with the new Sailor Earth they just met.

He can't wait to see her again. He picks up his change star and places the object in his pocket. He always carries it with him, just in case he needs it at a moment's notice. He can't picture a day when he doesn't have it with him.

Closing his eyes, he takes a deep breath. Once he walks out of the hotel room door he has to go back to being Seiya Kou, teen idol. What he would rather be doing is spending time with Usagi. His fingers brush against his lips for a moment at the memory of last night. He smiles. They have all the time in the world. He'll look forward to the next time he sees her.