Reflection

Second prompt for Seiusa Week 2023, Confessions.

This scene takes place at the beginning of Chaos Theory Act 19: Kinmoku. The act continues with Seiya and Usagi moments after she confessed her love for him. The section afterward discussed Usagi coming with him to Kinmoku for a little while to train and learn about her new powers as Sailor Cosmos. Usagi agrees.

The following scene takes place after they each go their own way.

Usagi beams. She can't believe how everything turned out. Why did it take her so long to stop denying how she truly felt about Seiya? Why did it take her so long to figure this out? It is like a weight was lifted off of her chest she didn't know existed. For too long she acted like she didn't understand what Seiya had alluded to for so long. And each time she pretended she didn't know. She didn't want to reject him and hurt him, so it was just easier to act like she didn't understand.

A smile forms on her lips. She doesn't have to hide it in front of anyone ever again. The others. Her eyes widen. How are they going to handle this? It shouldn't matter. They'll be fine when they see how happy she is.

As horrible as the past two battles where, without those fights she might not have ever seen Seiya again and that thought filled her with a lot of sadness. He was there for her for everything. It just seemed so much easier to talk to him about what happened.

If it wasn't for him, she never would have had the strength to stop Sailor Galaxia. She would have given up against Queen Beryl. Chaos would still be in control of her body right now instead of where it belongs in the deepest depths of the galaxy away from other living beings.

He was her strength when she needed him the most.

She never imagined her life would turn out like this. She was so sure what her future would be. But the thought of the future being unknown with Seiya.... was exciting. It just felt right. She may not know what will be instore for her but she is looking forward to wherever this new journey will take her.

Kinmoku. Seiya's home world. What will it be like? What will training be like to learn about her new powers and abilities? What if the people there don't like her? Only one way to find out.

She pushes a few stands of hair to the side. Her mind is racing as she ponders all of these questions. She has so much to learn about her new powers. She has abilities that will finally give her the strength to protect everyone. No one will have to be hurt protecting her ever again.

Usagi doesn't flitch as she approaches her destination. The conversation she is about to have with Mamoru is going be difficult, but she has to tell him. She can't move forward unless she can confront her past, no matter how difficult and heartbreaking it will be.