Lack of Anonymity

Third prompt for Seiusa Week 2023, Stardom.

This scene takes place after the end of Chaos Theory Act 36: Usagi and Mamoru: One Last Chance. Usagi and Seiya are on the rooftop of the school during lunch. Usagi tells Seiya he is good enough, he has always been good enough and they have to rush back inside because of the school bell.

Usagi tries to focus on her remaining subjects for the rest of the day but she can't. She can feel her classmate's eyes still on her from this morning when she arrived hand in hand with Seiya.

The whispers never stopped. Everyone knew Seiya liked to spend time with her but she had always rejected his advances. The school year ended. Pictures were taken of them kissing at Tokyo Tower and today they arrived at school and Seiya immediately grabbed her hand. Her cheeks blushed when she recalled the moment.

She closes her eyes for a moment. Is this how it is always is for Seiya being an idol? To always have eyes on him?

She opens her eyes and leans back into her chair a little more. She remembers the times she wanted to be an idol and entered a contest with Naru that only led to them fighting and Naru teaming up with Umino instead. Maybe it was a good thing that contest ended up being a sham by Jadeite to gather energy for the Dark Kingdom.

But she has been in the spotlight for years as Sailor Moon and now Sailor Cosmos. She tries to focus on the lesson on how to conjugate English verbs. She taps her pencil. She'll ask Ami later.

It is different for her. The world only knows her as Sailor Moon and don't know who she really is outside of being a senshi. Her eyes widen. She can enjoy being anonymous when she is not a superhero saving the city. Seiya does not have the luxury and is followed everywhere. He is more popular as himself then rather than being a senshi.

When the press surrounds her as Sailor Moon she can use her extra abilities and jump far away and quick transform back and she is lost in the crowd.

She and Seiya had to go to extra lengths to avoid that photographer by rushing onto a subway station and then hopping onto a train, hoping no one else would recognize him. There is no way for him to be anonymous on this planet. How does he handle this every day?

For a few minutes she is able to draw her focus back on the lesson but is completely lost while past tenses are reviewed. Before she realizes it, she is doodling in her notebook. She drew a picture of an eight pointed star, the mark of Cosmos.

Sailor Cosmos. From what she has learned so far, Sailor Cosmos is famous throughout the Kinmoku star system and beyond. Do they all know she has returned? A lump forms in her throat. Based on the celebration that took place on Kinmoku, she is more popular there than on Earth as Sailor Cosmos. Her mouth opens slightly at the realization. On Kinmoku, Seiya enjoys more of the anonymity Usagi can enjoy on Earth. Seiya is famous for being a senshi only on Kinmoku. She wishes Seiya could have the luxury in Tokyo to just blend in sometimes. But that is not how life goes if you are a popular celebrity.