~.* Chapter Fifty-Four: The End, Your Final Stand *.~

Start from the beginning

     The grasp that his most precious children had on his arms was all the more disheartening to his heart. Their wails made him want to cry.

     But he couldn't.

     Not when he knew that this would be the reality in which you lived.

     Everything around him started to tune out. He heard no outcries, no conversations, nothing.

     He smiled.

     The backdrop faded around him to a familiar blue hue. He was kneeling on his knees, head resting on your shoulder that remained untouched by the sand. His gear weighed on his hips once again. He was back in the paths.

     You had comprehended you weren't going to live past this, nor did you want to, despite having Armin. Death would surround you at every corner if you were to live past the age of Titans. You were so delusional about being able to live with Armin after this that the paths must've done you a favor. It was like no Jaegers were to live past this age.

     "I understand, [Name]," Armin said. He felt some sort of internal resolution, knowing that in a way, he was able to live with you. He was cautious not to squish you too hard between his arms, knowing that your body was turning into sand.

     Nodding in delight, you gently pushed him away from your body. His arms loosened as he backed away, respecting your wishes despite his heart breaking in pieces indescribably. "I'm sorry, Armin. We'll meet in the next life, where we won't be fighting. Where we won't be separated. I'll be waiting for you, okay? Please, live life however you want. I... I wouldn't be surprised if you found someone new--"

     "Shut it!"

     An astonished expression made its way onto your face as you watched the man squeeze his fists, standing up and glimpsing down at you. Tears were streaming down his face in distress. "You're stupid if you think I can just replace you like that! Nobody could make me feel like how you've made me feel ever since I've met you. I-I never want to love anybody else other than you, even when you're gone. I'd prefer to die than adore someone else... So, I won't listen to you!"

     Your nose started to burn up and tears swelled up in your lashes. Your chest hurt more than it ever has at his words. "I don't want to die, Armin," you quietly mumble.

     "Huh?"

     "I don't want to die! I don't want to die knowing I'll leave you in misery for the rest of your life! I'm holding onto life with the very little life I have left... Just to talk to you for one last time. One last time before I help you fight my brother. I'm sorry, Armin. I'm so sorry."

     His heart thumped to the point it hurt to think about anything else but you. Your body was integrating into the sand more and more by the second. He acknowledged his words were making you panic more and more, which made him feel the need to assure you for the last time. The ache all over his body disappeared as he thought to himself. He crouched down to your level.

     "It's gonna be okay, just... Just rest leisurely okay? Can you do that for me, seashell? You don't need to worry about me. I'll stay alive just for you. But you... You deserve peace."

     "I don't want to die. 'Min, don't leave me please..."

     "Sh..." he hushed, bringing your head to his chest. His hand ran through your hair for the last time, gradually putting you at ease. "All you need to do is help me beat Eren to the best of your ability one last time. Then you can finally close those gorgeous, luxurious eyes of yours. It sounds lovely, right?"

     Your heartbeat balanced as his voice lulled you to a calm state. His chest rose up and down at a normal pace, putting your concerns down.

     Maybe dying is more peaceful than people think.

     You can anticipate the clear ocean in front of you, seemingly limitless as the breeze blows your hair back. It's not too hot, yet not too frigid.

     "Hm," you buzzed at the thought and the feeling of his fingers running through the small knots in your hair. "I'll see you later... Right?"

     "Mhm," he hummed, "I'll see you later, [Name]."

...

     The final battle was over for real this time.

     In the final fight between your lover and your brother, you repeatedly made Eren attack himself, which protected Armin from getting seriously injured. You even made your brother punch himself multiple times which gave Armin a couple of openings to attack and assist Mikasa with the final blow.

     Dust filled the area. Behind the dust were the fading bodies of the colossal Titans that fought on the battlefield. Armin opened his eyes, seeing the sky being blocked by the dust flying above him.

     "Armin," he hears a voice say behind him as he sits up, contorting his body to face the voice. Mikasa appeared as the dust went along the curves of her body. Her eyes were drooped down at the dirt over the body she carried in her arms. A decapitated head lied in the hands of the body in her arms.

     He could feel his body shake as he stood up from the dirt ground. [Name]'s body was in Mikasa's hold, and the right side of her face crystallized off. She still looked as beautiful as when he met her, he thought as he ran over. A broken sob left his lips as the group of four dropped down to the floor.

     The two friends left alive huddled together, tears bundling up in their eyes and falling down their cheeks. They both were left heartbroken.

     Heartbroken for eternity.

     But this was expected, right?

     The Jaeger Twins were to rest peacefully for eternity. Both were loved by the friends they made but were also hated. But that's life. Being hated and being loved are all aspects of being a human. They gave all the love they could to those around them, but the world started to get uglier as they grew. It was because of the cruelness this world nurtured that they had died, leaving behind their lovers in a void of heartache.

     That's the end of the Jaeger's bloodline. It's as simple as that.

     Nothing else other than the cursed misery of being a twin.

Here Forever, Together
Rest Peacefully
My Most Beloved
My Dear
854

Here Forever, Together
Rest Peacefully
My Beautiful Seashell
My Love
854

Fin.

...

𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑
©𝟒𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐭_

Extra Chapter Coming