*.~ Chapter Twenty: A Breakthrough ~.*

a/n: next few chapters are gonna be long so be ready

♡ ♡ ♡

"The abuse of power, the bogus charges against the Scouts, and that King Fritz was both a puppet and a fraud." Hange summerized as you all glanced at the photos and sped through the words. "It's clear that we only acted in self defence. In short, we're no longer criminals."

Armin and you just happen to have made eye contact with eachother before everyone exploded, cheering and jumping over eachother.

"We did it!!" Sasha got off Mikasa and tackled you to the floor, but you happily accepted it.

As Sasha held on to you in a hug, all of you looked at Hange as they held up a book with the Scout symbol on one side. "Let's get there and put an end to this fight."

~

In the temple, you were in your own corner. It was time to get your hands dirty again. Hange had found the door to where your brother should be, along with Reiss and Historia.

"'Kay, we should be ready to go now," Armin informed Levi.

"Alright then," he nodded. "Is everyone here ready? 'Cause you're all about to dirty your hands."

The room was silent. The air was tense. It was as if you were taking that one Titan exam back in the beginning.

"Guess that's a yes." Levi assumed.

Just by coincidence, you and Armin made eye contact with eachother once again, giving eachother a 'goodluck' with just your eyes.

Hange opened the door while you and your comrades pushed your 'presents' down the stairs. It was when they got their own momentem that you backed away, watching them go through the door Mikasa kicked open. 

All of you had ran out. Sasha immediately shot one of the barrels that caused smoke to cover the area. Mikasa and Levi were first to go into battle while you, Jean, Hange and Connie got your signal flares ready to cover them. 

After shooting a few more smoke signals, you jumped off and went through the smoke. You can see above you that a few of enemies were flying. Using one of the crystal pillars, you ran up and jumped towards the target.

'You're doing this for your brother.'

You grunt as you felt the blade penetrate the enemy's stomach. As you forced the blade to the side, the body started to fall into the smoke.