"Thank you, Phillip, you didn't have to do that."

"Of course I did. And I wanted to."

"Well, thank you." I smiled, then stopped, wincing.

"What's wrong?" He instantly asked me, sitting down beside me.

"Just kicking, nothing to worry about." I assured him.

"But it still hurts. I don't want you to hurt." He frowned.

"Oh, shush, Phillip. It's the price you pay for a family. It's worth it."

He frowned, but didn't say anything else. Eventually, after much convincing that I was fine, Phillip left to take care of our daughter who is here with us now. I enjoy breakfast, then setting the tray on the floor beside the bed.

And then I feel it.

Sure, I've been pregnant before, and sure, the babies have kicked before. But this was different. They kicked right where I had gotten stabbed, where a wound still remained.

And this pain didn't go away like the rest, it lingered. Did I tell Phillip? Do I let him worry? Or do I just wait and let it pass?

Then I think back to that conversation all that time ago.

"You and any child of ours is never a burden."

And I decide.

"Phillip? Can you come here?"

Phillip's POV
When I hear Anne call my name, I'm currently cleaning up from breakfast with one hand, holding our previously crying daughter with the other.

And I know it must be important.

"What's going on?" I asked, entering the room with Amelia. I close the door, setting Amelia down, and allowing the curly haired girl to begin waddling around the confined space.

When I look up, Anne is gripping her stomach, her face beat red. I rush to her side, peeling her hands off of her abdomen, that won't help.

"Kicked my scar." She grumbled.

"You're fine. I know it hurts, but in the end you're okay." I assured her, though maybe more myself. I observed her body myself, checking to see any damage. She seemed fine. "You're alright, Anne. Amelia, come here."

Amelia giggled, coming to the bed, and attempting to climb up. I smile widely, bringing her up softly. And all three of us fall asleep in each other's arms.

A few hours later, I'm sleeping, when I hear Anne wince. I instantly get up, worried that something might be wrong.

"Anne? You okay?"

"No, I'm having contractions."

"Ok, let's get up."

I go over to Anne's side and lift her up.

Suddenly, I see liquid fall onto Anne's socks.

"Yup. You were right."

"I always am."

Suddenly, Anne grabs her stomach, her face clearly showing that she's in pain.

We walk downstairs, get into the carriage, and go to P.T.'s to drop off Amelia, then we head to the hospital.

Once we make it, the doctors take Anne back, and then the four hour wait begins again. I pace back and forth, worried again.

After a long time, the doctor comes and tells me I can go see Anne.

I make my way back, my heart pounding again.

I finally reach Anne, and my heart melts all over again. Anne looks up at me, smiling.

"Phillip, come meet your second daughter."

"You're serious?"

Anne nods her head, smiling.

I walk over to them, and I can't stop smiling.

"Wow, she looks just like..."

"You, again."

"Yeah, but she looks a lot more like you than Amelia did when she was first born."

"I know. So, what are we going to name her?" Anne asks.

"Hm... how about Isla Rose Carlyle?"

"I love it, Phillip."

"Thanks. Would you ever want to have another baby, because I love having kids with you."

"I think I will, but for now, we have two beautiful girls."

Suddenly, Isla starts crying, just like Amelia did when she was born.

"Can I take her for a minute?"

Anne hands me a crying Isla, and I know just what to do.

"What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine. Nothing can keep us apart. You are the one I was meant to find" I signal for Anne to join me.

"It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be. Why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours."

Anne and I kiss, knowing we rewrote the stars again. The End.

Hey guys!! Bri and I just to say thank you to all of the support we've received for this book!! We loved writing it!! I'm crying again as I write this, but don't judge me!! I love working with GGrace2023!!! Also, stay tuned for another collab between us coming in a few weeks!😉 Byeee!!