Jeyne Kettleblack

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Jeyne Kettleblack

Alana's POV

*CONTENT WARNING*

The village here in Winterfell was so beautiful. The stone streets and smells of fresh bread being baked in the flaming hot ovens filled me with such hunger and also joy. Flea Bottom and the streets below the Red Keep had never been as beautiful as the village here. People were so kind and willing to help one another.

A mother fumbling with a basket of goods and her baby in her arms was trying to open a door when another woman raced toward her just to help her. Just to open that door so she wouldn't drop the eggs and milk in a glass bottle or even her baby.

Matthos and I walked until we reached a smaller cottage but in my opinion it was the most beautiful of them all. There were bushes in the front that had blossomed with this gorgeous red flower that Matthos called poinsettia flowers. Apparently they are native to Dorne but because Jeyne's father is a fisherman he was able to get his hands on them for her when off on a trip.

I was slightly jealous of that. My father would never do such a thing for me, I mean, that's been made very clear and evident. He'd rather I fall apart completely than get me a special flower that I like.

She had a wreath hanging on her door that was made from pine branches and had two dolls. One to look like a mother and the other to be the little boy. I smiled when I saw it but knew deep down she wished there would have been a third doll to be her husband aside hers.

Matthos knocked on the door and we waited a moment. The door opened and the smell of a wonderful stew came out with the breeze as Jeyne Kettleblack stood there with the baby on her hip. She was smaller than I imagined and had chestnut brown hair with little hints of red in it. Bright green eyes and skin a little darker than most of the people in the north as well as a face full of freckles. Her full lips curled into a smile when she saw Matthos.

"You're back!" She cheered and looked to the boy on her hip. "Daeron, it's Ser Matthos! Our friend from the harbor! And he's brought- a lady friend?" She raised a brow and smirked. "Oh Matthos she's beautiful."

"It's not what you think, Jeyne. No one has captured my heart in a long time. You know that." He winked at her and it was plain to see there had been a little something going on there but again... I minded my own and waited for her to invite us in.

She stepped away from the door and allowed us entrance to her home. It was small and cozy and clearly had been very well loved and lived in. There had been toys for the baby on the floor of the living area and the fire was burning hot as she cooked.

"Lady Jeyne, I present to you Princess Alana Baratheon-"

"Stark..." I corrected Matthos. "I'm Alana Stark, Robb's wife as of recently."

Jeyne placed the boy onto the floor to play and then wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close to her. She smelled of fresh bread and a hint of vanilla. A warming scent that calmed me instantly.

"You are so beautiful... Robb is a wonderful man. A remarkable man, you are ever so lucky to have found him. I'm so sorry I couldn't attend your wedding I was visiting my father at White Harbor. He's a fisherman there and I try as often as I can to spend time with him when he's not on the ships." She was a little flustered at first when she spoke. Her words quick as she breathed them out and her head nodding with a blush on her cheeks.

I took her hands into mine and smiled. "It was a very quick wedding... We only had 7 days to prepare. But that's not the reason I've come to see you." My hands were coating in sweat quickly. I dropped her hands slightly and she took a seat at her kitchen table. Matthos and I sitting with her.