chapter 8

everyone was on a new mission and Evie just kicked a bad guy off of Tommy then Evie ran to help Eddie.
Buck: oh fuck what're we going to do?
Evie: if one of us can get to the control center then we can shut down everything.
Eddie: i can help you with that babe.
Evie: right let's do this. Eddie got ready and put his hands together as Evie ran towards Eddie and he gave her a boast.
Eddie: go get it girl! Eddie launched Evie and she kicked a guy out of the control center as she got the hold of the controls and turned everything off, then shot a guy before he could hurt Evie.
Mason: whoo you go Evie!
Evie: it was almost like a turn table so basically i knew the controls. we finished and that means i would like to go home please get us out Ruby.

*next day*

everyone was walking into the energy division and the team all got ready.
Ruby: alright be warned guys this game is basically zombies in space so be careful.
Tommy: got it Ruby. they all went into game and saw what they were wearing Evie was wearing a black leather suit and she had a belt with, a holster that contained a pistol along with a knife on her right leg and her hair was in a braid.

*in the game*

Evie: listen guys follow my lead I know this game well enough.
Eddie: I'm so glad I met you. Evie smirked then guided the guys then she stopped them when a sound was made.
Mason: the fuck was that?
Ruby: language Mason there is a kid present.
Mason: oops sorry Soph.
Evie: focus guys stop I hear something listen closely. they all walked towards the genetics lab and saw what went down.
Buck: Jesus what happened here Evie?
Evie: some kind of infection its from some kind of creature I don't know the game never confirmed what it was all I know is it's some kind of alien, and keep an eye out if you see blood it could be really lumpy. which is not normal for blood but watch where you step look stay together until I say so i'm in charge of this mission, so stay together until further notice. they walked through the sewer system and found something.
Allison: what did you find?
Tommy: blood it's black and lumpy Evie what is this?
Evie: an infection like I said but be careful if you see anyone infected or mutated shoot them, don't hesitate I repeat don't hesitate. Mason take Buck and Tommy with you Eddie your with me get on radio with me if you see anything remember contact me and Eddie, alright let's move out there could be more mutants. they all went their seperate ways and then heard gun shots a mutant came at Evie and she shot at it then gave shot at it again to make sure it was dead.
Evie: this was once a human before the scientists mutated them they called it genisis zero but not alot of people were killed because of this thing.
Eddie: but why would they do this?
Evie: that I never knew Eddie but if this actually happens then we're going to need to be prepared and protect Sophie.
Eddie: and we will now come on let's go.

the mission was done and they were all walking up to out of the building until Allison stopped them.
Allison: we got a problem the genetics lab it seems their experiment went wrong and now it's loose!
Evie: what is it?
Allison: some kind of zombie they accidentily made one it's loose and people are being infected Ruby, Steven and I will take Sophie somewhere safe there are weapons in the armory get any weapon you can and stop that thing.
Sophia: Mommy?
Evie: sweetheart Daddy and I are going to stop those monsters alright innocent people are getting hurt and we're going to stop this, stay with Aunt Ruby, Steven and Allison alright we'lll be back soon I promise. get her somewhere safe head to the emergency bunker now go go! the team went to get weapons and Evie found a few she was familiar with and took them after strapping the holster then grabbed her riffle.
Buck: uh do you have experience with those?
Evie: sure do Dad taught me and I know my guns (grabs shotgun) here back take this that shot gun will blast the hell out of the undead, as for me a sniper riffle with a laser and scope but the scope can see heat. now remember this guys shoot the zombies in the head it's the only way to kill them trust me I didn't play zombie games for nothing, if anything happens get on the walkie there might be an anti virus so trust me if find it the cure can help you as long as your not too far gone not move out. they went to search for anyone alive then saw a scientist.
Evie: Eddie we got a survivor it's alright we won't hurt you. were you bit?
Diana: no I wasn't bit i'm alright basically the creatures never attacked me they seem to see me as a friend, like they won't infect me but someone stole my research and infect most of the beta team.
Eddie: i'm here hey doc.
Diana: Eddie glad to see your alright we gotta hurry come on to the lab the cure is there. they ran for the lab.
Evie: Buck, Tommy Mason head for the lab move your asses now!
Buck: copy that we're on our way Evie.

*in the lab* 

Diana: over here I keep the anti virus over here.(sets down case) here there are enough for everyone this vaccine will get rid of the virus, now I need to get to the bunker too make sure no one else was infected.
Eddie: right but can you check up on our little girl she's scared right now.
Diana: you have a daughter with who?
Evie: with me i'm his wife.
Diana: always thought you two would end up together congrats Eddie now we gotta go. they made it to the bunker and killed many zombies that got in the way everyone made it back to the bunker.

*in the bunker*

Diana: Sophia I need you to stay still alright sweetie i'm not gonna hurt you it's alright i'm just gonna make sure your not hurt. Sophie calmed down and let Diana see if anything was wrong.
Eddie: anything?
Diana: no she's alright no signs of infection or bites Sophia is going to be alright.
Evie: good last thing I need is too loose my baby now listen I'm sure there might be other survivors so we're going to find others. Sophie sweetheart stay put and don't open the door unless it's one of us alright.
Sophie: yes Mommy.
Eddie: that's my girl we'll be back.

*in the halls of the building*

a few zombies showed up and everyone started firing at them then saw they were dead, once everything was done the bodies were being taken care of and properly disposed of.
Ruby: well that was scary.
Evie: don't remind me at least I was trained when it came to this type of thing.
Ruby: Sophie you alright sweetie?
Sophie: yeah i'm alright. Eddie picked up Sophie and held her close as she wrapped her arms around his neck.
Allison: listen if anything like this happens again you guys can keep the guns just in case.
Evie: we're going to need them. but right now we're heading home thankfully my daughter isn't going to have nightmares from this.

*at the manson*

everyone walked inside and Evie went to the gym and she began hitting a punching bag trying to get her anger out.
Eddie: whoa whoa hey calm down we got those zombies now relax I didn't expect that and it's never going to happen again the virus that was released. there was only a sample there was only one so relax it's never going to happen again.
Evie: i'm sorry but my Dad taught to be a soldier since I wanted to join the army when I was a kid but since he died that dream died as well, I got a job at the energy division instead he worked there after he retired when he met Mom. Eddie held Evie close as she hugged and he hugged her back.
Eddie: it's going to be alright now come on let's just spend some time with the others. Evie and Eddie went to hang out with the others but Evie was still a bit on edge.