Duke's Audacious Plan!

Start from the beginning

In preparation for the perilous journey, Duke sought assistance from his trusted companions. He requested their support and deployed some troops from their Village along strategic routes leading to the entrance of the dungeon. This precautionary measure would serve as a contingency, ensuring that if battle or pursuit ensued, his comrades would be ready to intercept and thwart any potential threats. Duke meticulously coordinated their positions, leaving no room for error.

Duke had lost count of the amount of times he had heard of a user getting chased after having received an inheritance. It was one of the most common tales shared by dungeon explorers. This was by design, as one was only allowed to have power if they had the power to keep it. Thus Duke had no doubt that if he did get the inheritance, a chase would occur. If he did not get it, he would be among the chasers. The world was fair in this regard.

Duke had also taken note of how their recent expansion of Tsimikas had caught the attention of other Villages in Ta Dasi. They had expanded too quickly, and were unable to fully digest their gains. There was a great risk that the other Villages would unite against them to deal with the new threat. Alice had gathered information that showed that a large majority of the weaker Villages in Ta Dasi and the neighbouring Kolladas Tis Moira had opened channels of communication to unite against the threat of more powerful nations and rising powers like Tsimikas. They had even set their sights on the ogres. The largest base of Ogres was in the next region, but their paws extended all the way into Ta Dasi.

The greatest issue Senbonken faced when hunting ogres was getting them in one place. Kolladas Tis Moira was a stronghold beyond their reach and they did not have the ability to attack it. Thousands upon thousands of ogres guarded the stronghold. There was no way a handful of Villages could deal with such a threat.

'The weak Villages want to defend themselves but have no trump card to defeat the ogres. The stronger Villages have no troops to handle the huge amount of mobs. The weaker Villages are already connected and are united to a certain degree. But if we could give all humans a common enemy...'

Thus, following that train of thought, Duke came up with a bold plan. One that would allow them to group all the ogres and human powerhouses in one place. A plan that also allowed for the creation of a mass graveyard giving Letty the proper stage to apply her Soul Regalia.

'I need to create a huge mass of negative energy and corpses so Letty can go crazy.'

The most important psychological aspect for any strategist was cruelty. One must not only be cruel to the enemy, but must only be capable of sacrificing others to achieve their objectives. Duke had no qualms using the cultivators from other Villagers as cannon fodder to destroy the ogres. Some of the softer personalities like Alice objected to this line of thought, but she was quickly convinced otherwise.

Alice was reminded on what Hattori Hanzo did to her. Kindness was a useless trait in reality and logic was king. Even before the system arrived on Earth, the strongest countries all had one thing in common, they fought wars in other countries. If you brought the suffering to others it would prevent the suffering from coming to you.

It did not matter what excuse one came up with, whether it was weapons of mass destruction, religion or humanitarian efforts, so long as a country was strong enough they could come up with any excuse to invade. They could even label an entire race as villains or terrorist, doing as they pleased, because they had power. Power spoke louder than any mouth. Hence, regardless of how kind modern day Earth appeared, survival of the fittest was still dictating how society functioned. The so called human rights, were rights only given to citizens within the few countries at the top of the food chain. The rest of the world was stained in poverty, war and violence.

Duke's point was that the war would unify the humans under one banner and give Letty the chance to grow stronger, plus it would allow him to gain the inheritance with peace of mind. After all, they also received benefits due to the party's distribution of experience. If Duke did receive the inheritance, it would be a great boon to the group.

This new plan also allowed Tsimikas to reduce the number of human enemies in the area, as the humans would no doubt face many casualties. The monsters were not the only enemies. Humans were an even greater threat.

After a discussion with the group, the plan was set into motion. Alice class not only allowed here to organise information, but it also allowed her to easily contact others. Within a few hours she had already contacted all the Villages that could gather at the desired place of battle.

...

Author's Note: For those who want early access to chapters go ahead to our patreon () and get access to over 80 advanced chapters of SSS available for download as a pdf/epub/word doc on google drive for only 5 dollars a month. For those who keep voting and commenting thank you so much for your support. Hope you have had a great December so far. Now let's see what's in store for our hero next...