CHAPTER- 4

Evageline's pov

I jolted up in the morning from a dreamless sleep. It was the usual time 4.00 Am in the morning. I tried to get up but, on either of my sides Harvey and Taylor were snuggled close. I shook them off and got up only to see Gene sprawled on the floor. I quickly moved inside my bathroom doing all my daily chores and packing the rest of my toiletries after use. I picked out a plain, outfit a white button up, over a plain white tank top, with loose jeans since its going to be a three hours drive, and my white sneakers. I checked again all of my stuff in my car. My trunk with my weapons, my suitcase, my books and all my documents were there which meant I am good to go. I walked back in my room since I'm going to leave at 7 and there is still plenty of time left. Taylor and Harvey were awake while Gene was still on the floor. I can bet this guy loves his skincare and sleep more than anything else. We all prepared out coffees and breakfast and set out an extra plate since after several attempts Gene finally woke up. At 6.30 Alpha, Luna came along with Leon. We all talked for a while, which mainly consisted of them wishing me luck for my future and discussions regarding pack stuff. My position as the leader of the frontal warriors would be taken over by Taylor's elder brother, who has trained under Alpha itself.

"Eva honey, before you go we have something for you" Luna handed me a small velvet box with a sweet smile. "Thank you, but what is this?" I asked her politely.

"Why don't you open it" she said giving a suggestive smile. I complied to her request and opened the box. There is a pretty golden chain with a moon stone engraved on it. To all other humans moonstone is just a normal beautiful pebble, but to ware wolves it's a symbol of good luck. They usually say when moon goddess stepped on earth the first time, the places her feet touched converted into a moon stone path.

"I can't take this, you already gifted me an expensive car, this won't be fair." I told them returning the box. "there is no use of that Eva, if you deny it, we'll just order you to accept it." Alpha said in an amused tone. The couple itself is blessed with the gift of kindness and being considered by them a lot is a blessing enough. "fine but no more gifts please" I pleaded them and the couple happily nodded. Luna tied the chain around my neck, it surely is very pretty. With a last hug from my friends, I made my way to the place without the knowledge of what's waiting for me. A bottomless abyss or maybe....

The drive was killing my back, I only stopped once for a strong coffee and since I had weapons in my car, I needed to take a longer route. I can't end up in a cell for trafficking or something illegal. All my life I have lived in a prison and I'm not ready to go in it again. But the best thing is the route is delaying the inevitable. I know I can't run away but atleast I got time to think about it. Time does not belong to anyone and certainly not to me, it doesn't leave anything in behind, but just the scars as an evidence. It's not good or bad, it's just there with you.

Three hours went by and I finally entered my birth town, Diamond Throne pack lies towards the north of Moon Stone pack, covering a very large area, since the number of members it shields is more than nine thousand. In a population of more than 8 billion people, a normal human will never know that whom they are surrounded by, but in a way they are similar to us. Not just by appearance, but also their problems.

It's kind of hard to believe but in the next 10 min, I'll be in my old pack. I suppressed my aura and pheromones, since I don't want any lurking rogues or pack members to catch my scent. If I let it go even just a little, people usually get intimated. It's not just a betas dominance which usually makes a pack submit, except an Alpha. It's something I developed in a battlefield. It usually makes any wolf submit, even some of the powerful rogues, who are basically outcast. I try to suppress it mostly in other packs presence and especially in front of an alpha. Since my power can challenge an alpha for his throne, but that's something I'm never gonna do. Respecting an alpha is in my blood and that's what I'll do.