Chapter 3

"So, you're upset because a man who was in worse shape than you is now in better shape, isn't that right?"

Count Sharma and the present Duke of Oberoi had been rivals since childhood.

Nevertheless, due to his outstanding actions during the conflict, Count Oberoi—who at the time was less powerful than Count Sharma—was given the dukedom.

Count Sharma thought the oberoi had stolen the dukedom.

"Due to the outstanding accomplishments of my grandfather, it was meant to be mine. However, he stole it, and the Emperor was foolish to grant that bastard a dukedom!

That's a mental victory, all right. I understand.

But why must I be the victim of this retaliation?

In my recollected memories, I was supposed to wed Duke Oberoi's son as a ruse to cover up Count Sharma's evil plans, and he was well aware that I would be the first to lose my head if something went wrong.

Why, in both my past and present lives, has my family been like this? What went wrong with me?

I forced myself to hold it together even though I felt like I was going to cry. A daughter could not cry in this family and get comfort.

However, all was not lost.
I'll be moving out of this house in a week and finding a place to live in the Duchy of Oberoi, which is the primary location of the original story.

"Yes, every villain possession story starts with a crisis, but as long as I don't do things like Gauri did in the original, I'll survive!"

I decided what I wanted to do and got ready for the dinner that the two families were having.

The Oberoi Mansion's grandeur overcame me, even with my best of intentions. I was amazed by Sharma Mansion, but a duke is beyond compare.

Because winning a war against a neighbouring country was apparently a big deal, the mansion is extraordinarily spacious and opulent.

"Is it any wonder Count Sharma was so jealous if the oberoi's, who were less wealthy than him, were given a mansion like this?"

The disparity was significant enough for me to believe so.

It was undoubtedly more than just a mansion. I'm not sure, but I'm sure he received more, such as gold vaults and estates.

In any case, I didn't care.

"It's more crucial that I avoid getting physically assaulted for interfering with the negotiations today."

Count Sharma will make an effort to persuade Oberoi mansion to send some maids.

Naturally, it's not because he fears for my life or my safety.

He wanted to send me maids, but they were all mercenaries, trained in robbery and assassination.

"How are you even going to refer to them as maids?"

In particular, my preferred maid, Ragini, who had been tasked with keeping an eye on me and guarding the Sharma Mansion, brought in my washing water.

Although she is subordinate to me, she has more authority than me in the mansion.

In the original story, she was the one who assisted Gauri in carrying out the majority of her evil deeds.

Put another way, if I didn't bring Ragini along, my life would be much safer.

Trying not to show my anxiety, I took a slow, deep breath and trailed behind my brother Viraj Sharma and Count Sharma.