11

Kim Seokjin was what most called an overachiever. Having been brought up in a rich household under his parent's company, he had all he wanted...except his parents attention. They were always too busy. Too tired. His high grades, his amazing sport achievements, his college degrees, they all passed by his parents eyes as if they were nothing. He'd worked hard; toiled in stress and anxiety, but he had not hard enough for them. 

Slowly over time, what bloomed as a desire for his parent's acceptance slowly crippled into bitterness against them. A special sort of contempt. He didn't want their useless praise anymore. He wanted their company. He wanted their money. The very things that stole them from him. He'd gain the biggest achievement - revenge. 

There was only one person in his way, however - Jeon Jungkook, the CEO of a competitive company that had already tore the popularity from his parent's company. It was unfair. Not only was the company Jungkook had run from the age of 17 younger than Seokjin's parent's company and yet more successful than it, but Jungkook had had exactly what Seokjin had always wanted - Loving parents. 

Seokjin had worked for his parents love, and Jungkook had just had it handed to him. 

Seokjin bit his nails angrily at the thought  as he walked through the halls of his workplace, his eyes catching on every single alcoholic themed painting on the walls beside him. There were no laughing faces on them, but he felt like he was being laughed at by them. It felt like a blow to his ego to work there, but it was a means to an end. He was going to tear the stupid little brat's company into the ground while his rose above all. 

He grumbled angrily to himself, lost in his thoughts as he threw the door open to Jungkook's office. The first thing that met his eyes as he entered was Jungkook, sitting in his usual seat at his desk. He didn't look the least bit professional as he hunched forward, biting his lips and grinning at some polaroid photo he was looking at. It was obvious to Seokjin the boy was far too enamoured with the photo to notice his arrival. 

The sight of the little brat being genuinely happy brought a scowl to Seokjin's face. He wanted nothing more than to tear the expression away. Burn the boy in front of him. For now, however, he would have to remain patient. 

He cleared his throat to alert the younger boy of his presence, driving a cold wedge in the previously happy environment Jungkook was in. 

Jungkook immediately looked up goggle-eyed and dropped the polaroid into his lap. "U-uh Seok-Seokjin." He greeted in surprise, scrambling to hide the photo in his lap. "H-how are you?"  

Seokjin's features dropped into a blank expression as he came further into the room and shut the door behind him, "I'm fine sir." He took small but confident strides to Jungkook's desk and looked over it in an attempt to see the polaroid in Jungkook's lap. "I see you have something interesting there, sir? Perhaps it's a picture of that prostitut-"

Jungkook's giddy expression immediately hardened at the word 'prostitute'. He looked up at Seokjin with a frown, which Seokjin found very unusual for the boy. 

"Lola." Jungkook firmly corrected, pulling the polaroid behind his back, "And it's none of your business what this is." 

Seokjin's brow lifted in amusement at Jungkook's actions. He put his hands up in mock surrender. "My bad sir, I was simply curious." 

Jungkook gave him a brief glare as he placed the polaroid into his desk drawer. His gaze softened as he looked back up at Seokjin, "Have you arranged my end of year vineyard party yet?" 

"We're still doing those?" 

"Of course. It's a great opportunity to make casual connections with other business partners, Seokjin, you know that." Jungkook replied, looking back at his computer and beginning to type his password into it. "Just book it for the usual time and place." He waved his hand at Seokjin dismissively.