𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟬: 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

Moonlight glimmers through the curtains, as the rain softly splatters against the windows.

Awakening with a feeling of disorientation, you find yourself uncertain of your current surroundings. As your eyes struggle to open, you mumble quietly to yourself.

"Where am I?"

The memory of being held in Gagamaru's arms is the last thing you could recall. Opening your eyes in the middle of the night, you discern a large silhouette laying beside you.

"What a surprise, he actually brought me to his place... again.", you sneer sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

However, a wave of guilt washes over you as you realize that he, once again, came to your rescue.

Noticing the new clothes you're wearing, you shake your head in disbelief.

"He even went as far as changing me out of his rain-soaked jerseys.", you think, cheeks flushing with embarrassment at the idea of him having seen your body.

Taking a closer look at him, you admire the tranquil expression on his face as he peacefully slumbers.

"I haven't really paid attention before, but he looks strangely beautiful."

A gentle smile forms on your lips as you continue to quietly observe him sleep. You delicately guide your hand to his face, using your thumb to gently caress his cheek, prompting you to gaze at him dreamily, "I really don't deserve you, do I?"

In a sudden burst, you pull back your hand as you grasp the implications of your actions.

"Damn, I should REALLY go home...", you mutter to yourself while attempting to pull yourself out of the bed.

As you make a move to leave, an unexpected hold on your arm brings you to a halt.

"Mmgh...", Gagamaru moans sleepily, "Where are you going, baby?"

"I need to go home.", you answer, placing a reassuring hand on his.

Gagamaru wearily sits up, stretching and yawning while rubbing his sleepy eyes. He maintains a firm grasp on your wrist, preventing your escape.

"Why do you always wanna leave me, [y/n]?", he murmurs drowsily, half-awake.

"Gin, I really am forever grateful for your care. But I have my own set of responsibilities and a life to attend to.", you express firmly, as your attention shifts towards his hand on your wrist.

Gently, you take hold of his hand and move it away from you. Respecting your boundaries, Gagamaru quickly comprehends and willingly withdraws, demonstrating immediate understanding.

"But, [y/n]!", he exclaims, desperation in his voice. "I don't want to be without you anymore.", he whispers with pleading eyes, "Please, stay with me."

"Come on, we can keep in touch and spend time together occasionally. Wouldn't that suffice?", you offer, a hint of fluster evident in your voice.

"No.", he responds, glancing at you blankly.

"I don't understand why you're insisting me to stay that badly. I mean, I haven't even done you any favors either...", you express, pausing to contemplate before admitting, "Well, except for reluctantly joining that hangout.", you chuckle.

Silence fills the room, as Gagamaru gazes outside the window. Moonlight kissing his face, his dark eyes shimmer beautifully, seemingly lost in trance.

"Hey, are you even listening?", you inquire, a touch of annoyance in your voice.