𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳: 𝗕𝗘𝗬𝗢𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦

Gagamaru's face leans closer into yours, causing your heart to almost beat out of your chest. His grip firms around your waist, pulling you even closer to him.

"Gin...", you whimper quietly, until suddenly...

Gagamaru's phone starts ringing, causing the two of you to flinch back in surprise.

"Shit.", he mumbles, visible irritation reflected on his face.

While your knees still feel shaky, you look down in embarassment of what was almost about to happen.

"[Y/n], are you alright?", Gagamaru asks, ignoring the call and giving his full attention to you first. "Sorry for the interruption.", he apologizes.

It's weird. His personality is complex and multifaceted, it's intriguing. Despite him appearing apathetic and dull, he seems to be determined in getting what he wants.

You look down in embarassment, still processing the situation.

"[Y/n]?", he asks again, causing you to snap out of your dissociative state.

"H-huh, what? Oh, me? Yeah! I'm alright!", you exclaim excitedly.
"B-but your phone is still ringing! You can pick up if you want!", you point at his phone, still unable to look at his face.

Gagamaru looks at the screen of his phone, squinting his eyes, "Oh, it's a video call.", he opens his eyes wide again, looking in your direction.
"Can I pick this one up?", he asks for your permission.

"Sure.", you shrug your shoulders indifferently.

The moment Gagamaru picks up the call, you hear multiple people speak at once, only for all of them to abruptly stop talking once they see Gagamaru's face pop up on their screens.

After a small break of silence, each of them begin talking all over each other again.

"Ohhh, look who just picked up!"
"Damn, what took you so long?"
"He probably didn't know how to pick it up in the first place", dumb comments followed by a bunch of guys snickering.

"Did you take your friend with you?"
"Yeah, right! Where are they?"

Gagamaru suddenly looks at you, visibly feeling awkward and unsure of what to do. You hastily wave your arms in order for him to not show you on the call.

"Well, uh...", Gagamaru speaks out to the others, an overwhelmed expression forming on his face.
"They aren't here yet.", he responds bluntly, still glancing in your direction.

"Who is 'they'?", another guy asks, his skepticism audible in his voice.
"I think this is the first time I see you behaving secretive.", he continues.

An awkward silence is filling the atmosphere, causing Gagamaru to clench his jaw tensely.

"Screw it."
"I'm bringing a girl with me.", he blurts out with a deadpan expression.

"A girl?!"
"My ass. Prove us."
"Yeah! I wanna see her!"

Gagamaru shifts his focus back to you, asking you for permission to show you off.

You shake your head again, as your whole face turns red in embarassment, "N-no, no, please!", you beg quietly.

Gagamaru looks back at the screen, "Nope.", he says non chalantly.

"What do you mean 'nope'?!", one of them yells angrily, in a quite overbearing tone.

"You'll see her once we meet up. See you later.", Gagamaru says calmly, hanging up on their faces before they could say anything.

"Thanks...", you say sheepishly, rubbing the back of your neck.

"For what?", he glances at you. "I should be thanking you.", he confesses, smiling gently.

Before you could respond, Gagamaru proceeds on walking ahead, preventing you from asking any further questions.  Your heartrate is increasing with every step you make, realizing of what is yet to come. As the nervosity becomes stronger, you decide to break the silence.

"Hey, uh, Gin?"

Gagamaru looks at you over his shoulder, "Yes, [y/n]?", curiosity taking over his voice, "Are you ok?"

"I, uh...", you mumble, Gagamaru looking you intently, waiting for you to answer his question.
"I-, I feel kinda anxious about meeting your friends.", you murmur quietly as you look down on your feet.

Gagamaru walks over to you curiously, "Why?", he asks as he now stands directly infront of you.

Your worryful gaze moving from his feet way up to his face.
"I-, I'm scared they will bully me, or something like that...", you reply, shifting your eyes away from him once again.

"[Y/n], look at me.", he commands softly, placing his hand below your chin.

"You're a wonderful person, [y/n]. There is nothing about you to make fun of.", he says in a reassuring tone.

His dreamy eyes are scanning your face carefully, as he caresses your cheek gently. Your eyes soften at the tenderness of his touch, the two of you locking eyes together.

"B-but, they appear to be quite rude... What if they-",
before you could finish, Gagamaru puts his index finger on your lips.

"I won't let them hurt you in any way. I promise.", he says comfortingly. "Do you understand, lil bunny?"

"Mhm", you nod.
"Good girl.", he responds, making you blush heavily.

Gagamaru's hand moves away from your cheek up to your head, caressing it playfully. He then pulls you into an embrace, wrapping his strong arms around your body, squeezing you tightly against him. The way he hugs you feels foreign, yet safe, causing your anxiety to slowly drift away. You could get used to this feeling...

Unexpectedly, the two of you hear yelling from afar, disturbing your moment of peace.

"I SAID SHUT THE HELL UP!"
"What? You're just mad 'cause I'm right. How pathetic."
"Raichi, calm down..."
"YOU SHUT UP TOO-"

Gagamaru looks in the direction of where the yelling is coming from. The voices sound all too familiar.

He then looks back at you with big eyes, "I guess they caught up on us faster than I expected.", followed by an awkward smile forming on his lips.

You sigh, shaking your head in disbelief.
"What the hell did I just get myself into?"