Getting Distracted (fluff)

A/N: this is so bad but oh well. Also slight spoilers for Friends s4 ep2 "The One With The Cat"

Outside the cabin, the wind howled through the trees, as snow whirled to the ground. It had been snowing heavily all day, but you and Taylor paid it no thought as you spent the day cuddled up in the little cabin you were staying in for the week.

Currently, the two of you were cuddled up under fluffy blankets on the couch, watching friends reruns. You were leaned comfortably against the back of the couch, knees tucked up so that your legs were tucked partly underneath you, as Taylor laid along the couch, her head resting against your chest as you played with her hair. Gradually, your attention shifts from watching the TV to watching your adorable girlfriend watch her favourite show, reacting as if it wasn't her millionth time seeing it.

You admired her little reactions to the events of the show: like how she would laugh quietly whenever Chandler made a sarcastic comment, or how she would furrow her brows whenever Ross said something scientific. The episode playing was one of her favourites. Unsurprisingly, 'The One With The Cat'. You noticed her face would soften every time the little grey cat was on the screen. Mentally, you noted that it was almost the exact same way she looked at your own cats, and you knew when it got to the point where Ross makes Phoebe give him up, that she would be pouting away adorably. 

You hadn't noticed that while you were watching Taylor, your hand had stilled in her hair, causing her to turn and look at you in confusion. "Why'd you stop?" she pouts, turning her head only to find you staring at her, "And why are you staring at me?"

You dip your head forwards to press a small kiss to the tip of her nose, causing it so scrunch up cutely. "Sorry, baby, I didn't mean to. Got distracted." She cocked her head to the side in confusion.

"By what?"

"You." you told her unashamedly, in turn causing her cheeks to blush a deep shade of maroon. She ducked her head into your neck to hide her blush, making you chuckle slightly at her cuteness. Gently, you take her chin in your hand, pulling her face up to be level with yours, peppering kisses all over her face, eliciting a cute giggle out of her. "You're so cute" you whisper into her ear, again seeing a deep blush spread over her cheeks. 

"Thank you for saying that" she murmurs before pressing her lips onto yours. The two of you kissed for a few moments, her soft lips moving against yours, before she pulled away and looked into your eyes. "I love you" she whispered, her electric blue eyes gazing into yours.

You pulled her into another kiss, whispering "I love you too, Tay" against her lips. After she pulled away, she laid her head back against your chest.

"I'm cold" she said quietly. In response, you pulled the blankets closer, from where they had fallen slightly from your movements earlier, and held her tighter against you; pressing small kisses to the top of her head, and your hand resuming its earlier task of playing with the soft ends of Taylor's curly hair.

And that was how the two of you stayed for the remainder of the day, cuddled close, watching Friends and sharing kisses, the love and warmth between you contrasting the bitter cold of the raging winter outside. But you were warm. You were happy.