Decorating the Christmas tree (fluff)

"Come on, we have to decorate it now!" Taylor squealed excitedly, trying to drag you from your position on the couch, you having flopped there after the grueling task of hauling the heavy 7ft tree up your apartment you shared with your girlfriend.

"Give me a minute, baby" you said, trying to catch your breath (wrestling a 50 pound Christmas tree up 13 flights of stairs is no easy task). You grabbed Taylor by the waist, pulling her to sit on your lap. Immediately she nuzzled into your neck as you kissed the crown of her head.

"Are you trying to distract me with cuddles?"

"Maybe," you smirked, "Is it working?" Taylor tapped her chin with her finger, pretending to think.

"Nope!" She jumped up, grabbing your hand and pulling you across the spacious living room to the mountain of festive decorations she had piled in the corner while you were trying to get the tree upstairs. When you got there, she put her hands on her hips and cocked her head to the side. She's so adorable you thought to yourself. You moved to stand behind her and wrapped your arms around her waist.

"Where should we start, my love?" you whispered into her ear and kissed her cheek, feeling her shiver against you slightly at the feeling.

She stared at the boxes for a few seconds before replying, "Lights," she said, stepping out of your hold and grabbing the box of string lights.

After some struggle, you and Taylor managed to wrangle the multicoloured lights onto the tree, and could move on to the decorations. Taylor's face lit up adorably with excitement as the both of you began to hang decorations from various branches of the tree, exchanging quick kisses every now and then. 

When almost every branch on the tree had a brightly coloured decoration hanging from it, Taylor turned to you with what could only be described as a Cheshire Cat smile.

"Can you lift me so I can put the star on top?" she asked excitedly. Secretly, this was her favourite part of decorating; every year, you insisted she be the one to put the star on the top of the tree, and she loved the feeling of being in your arms, and would take any opportunity given to be there.

"Of course, lovely," you said before walking behind her and wrapping your hands around her hips. "Are you ready for it?" you questioned with a smirk. She giggled at the reference to her song and nodded. Carefully, you lifted her high enough to place the star on the top of the tree, then gently lowering her back down again. After she was safely back on her feet, you wrap her in a hug from behind, the both of you gazing at your hard work.

"It's so pretty," she breathed, leaning her head back to rest on your shoulder.

"Not as pretty as you," you murmured, holding her tightly. You both took a moment ans basked in the feeling of love between you, and admired the beautiful tree.

"I love you Y/n."

"I love you too."

A/N: Hi! This is the first imagine I've ever written so I'm so sorry if it's bad, and constructive criticism is welcome :)

Feel free to leave requests x