skateshot - fluff ❤️

Summary: slingshot has quite a lot of free time on his hands...

A/N: in this I use dates as (day/month/year)
-
-
-
-
-
-

Lately, Slingshot has been... conflicted, to say the least.

His Café had been closed for fixing because some idiot with a rocket launcher destroyed like half of the building. So, he's had nothing to do with all this spare time. Sure, he's hung out with Shuriken. But after a while even Slingshot's seen enough of Shuri's "tricks".

Slingshot lay on his bed and slid his phone out of his pocket. Shuriken had gone out with Vinestaff against his will to save the plants or something. So today Slingshot was all by himself. He flipped on his stomach so his legs were dangling in the air like a girly girl on the phone with her crush. Slingshot mentally cringed at that, crushes are gross.

Slingshot brought his focus back to his phone, unsure of what to do, really. He opened his contacts list out of genuine boredom, to which he found a tonne of unread messages. One from Vinestaff asking him to clean the dishes, which he didn't dare to open; one from Shuriken begging Slingshot to get him out of there; and one from Skateboard?

Slingshot furrowed his eyebrows, paying more attention now. He completely forgot about skates existence for a second, which was somewhat good.

If Slingshot were to be honest, he really liked Skateboard, like a lot a lot. Before his cafe was basically blown up, Slingshot would think about Skateboard all day. He frowned at the thought, truely forgetting how much he missed the skater boy. Sometimes Skateboard would purposely go to Slingshots cafe just to talk to him, and Slingshot would cherish every moment they were together.

Slingshot opened the contact to 5 missed messages from Skateboard since the day his cafe got destroyed.

SKATEBOARD
hey sling, I heard about the cafe, everything good?
(7/12/23)

SKATEBOARD
are you okay sling? would you like me to come over?
(8/12/23)

SKATEBOARD
If the whole cafe thing is having an effect on you we can talk about it?
(9/12/23)

SKATEBOARD
hey sling, how are you doing?
(10/12/23)

SKATEBOARD
how are you doing today sling?
(11:47 am, today)

Slingshot was debating whether or not he should respond. It's only been about half an hour since that text, so there was still time. Yet, on the other hand, Slingshot really didn't want to possibly bother Skateboard or become obsessed with him all over again.

Slingshot decided to send Skateboard a quick text, just a little quick one...

Slingshot tapped on his phone and started typing.

SLINGSHOT
hey skate, sorry I haven't been responding, but I'm good ngl! Sure I'm a little bit stressed about the cafe but it's finneee! How have you been?
(12:01pm, today)

Slingshot put his phone facing down on his bed. Was he nervous? He sat impatiently, anticipating the skaters response. His mind went nuts just thinking about what Skateboard would reply with. He could be dismissive, mad, cold, sad, worried, happy, anything. It was making Slingshot fill up with anxiety as he stared intensely at his phone, as it was still upside down.

Suddenly, a buzz came from the phone.

Slingshot picked it up greedily, hoping it was Skateboard that had texted him. Slingshot turned the phone around to see a message on the front screen from Skateboard.