52 : Divine Creation

Začať od začiatku

The Doctor raised an eyebrow skeptically. "And the more you want it, the stronger it gets?"

"Sort of, yeah."

"Like a psychic link." He said, rubbing the back of his head. "Of course you want your old dad to be alive, but you're wishing him into existence. The ghosts are using that to pull themselves in."

Jackie stood from her seat and threw her arms down like a child in a tantrum. "You're spoiling it!"

"He does that." EJ replied, nonchalantly, resting his elbows on the Doctor's shoulders, loosely wrapping them around. "It's his job."

"I'm sorry Jackie, but there's no smell. There's no cigarettes. Just the memory."

Softly, Rose queried. "If they're not ghosts, what are they, then?"

"Yeah, but they're human!" She protested, unwilling to give up. "You can see them! They look human!"

"She's got a point." The blonde girl said, agreeing with her mother. "I mean, they're sort of blurred, but they're definitely people."

The Doctor disagreed. "Maybe not. They're pressing themselves into the surface of the world. But a footprint doesn't look like a boot."

He wasted little time in running back to the Tardis, and EJ joined him. However, Rose decided that she would do a little more scoping of the area as she calmed her mother. She'd join them soon enough.

The Doctor was fishing around inside of some draws, looking for, obviously, something particular. He tossed out pens and journals, belonging to EJ, memorabilia from their travels, also EJ's, and a collection of nail varnishes, which too were owned by EJ. He even threw a Polaroid camera at the black haired boy, who managed to catch it before it hit the ground.

"Watch it." He said through gritted teeth. "This is important."

Still searching, the Doctor didn't look up. "Why? What was it?"

"It's my camera." EJ replied, opening the case it came in, and smiling when he saw the collection of photographs in there. "It's got all the pictures I've taken when we've been travelling."

"There we go!" The Doctor exclaimed in glee, a pair of 3D glasses in his hands. He hid them in his suit jacket and turned to EJ. "When did you take these?"

Usually, he kept them to himself. It wasn't like they were private, only memories he wanted to keep for as long as he could. There was one or two of Rose; on the first was written 'Space Florida' and the second 'Satellite Five'. There were a couple of Jack and of Mickey; some purposefully taken as selfies, and other just portraits. However, there were more of the Doctor than anyone else.

His previous face, the leather jacket wearing one, only had a couple. He was hard to catch alone. But this face, the skinny, freckled one, had a ton. EJ couldn't help himself. There were an abundance of photos of him, but the boys favourite was taken mere minutes after they had kissed, and there was still an air of shock to the Doctor.

Without saying a word, the Doctor picked up one of the Polaroids of EJ. Jack had taken it; he was sat on the beams, sketching in his journal, tattooed limbs resting gently on his knees. He reached into his coat and pulled out the wallet containing the psychic paper. There was a second plastic flap on the other side; the Doctor slotted the picture there before returning it to his pocket.

Wordless, EJ packed his things away, and the Doctor carried on pressing buttons on the console. He was thankful that they had, because Rose walked through the doors moments later. It would have been a challenge to explain.