Chapter 1

She just stood outside the house,  staring at the fire burning, bringing down roofs and woods. Eyes wide open with shock and disbelief, everyone was doing their best to put out the fire but she felt paralyzed unable to move and the next thing she fainted.

Cassandra

As the alarm blared on my bedside table, I groggily reached out to turn it off at 6:00am. "Ughhh! I can't keep up with this," I grumbled to myself.

Cassandra Walter, a 19-year-old with ebony black hair, forest green eyes, and small pink lips that have a lovely heart shape. She's got long lashes that caresses her cheeks when she closes her eyes. She is a beautiful girl with a to die for figure. People always tell her she could do well as a model. She lost her parents in a tragic fire accident when she was only 17. Left alone with no family, she has been working hard to make a better life for herself.

After dragging myself out of bed, I made my way to the bathroom for my morning routine and to get ready for school. Once I was done, I stepped out and rummaged through my closet to find something to wear. I settled on a tight pair of crazy jeans, a crop top, and a jersey jacket to complete the look. I put my hair up in a ponytail, leaving a few strands loose in the front. A little lip gloss and my trusty heel boots finished off the ensemble. I checked myself in the mirror one last time and was satisfied with my appearance.

Since class started at 8:00am, I glanced at the time and saw that it was 7:00am—perfect timing. I headed out, knowing that my house was just a short walk away from the bus station. I hopped on the bus, plugged in my earphones, and enjoyed some music while observing the hustle and bustle of cars and people going about their daily lives.

After a few minutes, I arrived at school and got off the bus. As I took a few steps forward, I suddenly heard my name being screamed, "Cass!!" And there she was, my best friend Malory, jumping on my back.

"Hey Mal," I said, not quite sharing the same happy mood as her. Mal and I have been friends since we were 5, and she's always been vibrant and easygoing. I, on the other hand, am the opposite.

Malory

Malory is a 19-year-old girl with blond hair, honey brown eyes, a very nice figure, and pink lips that are always smiling. She came from a medium-class wealthy family. Her parents have been friends with Cass parents since they moved to Vegas when Cass was 5, which made Cass and Mal very close friends. She and her parents have been there for Cass after she lost her parents.

Though my parents don't want her to work, they said, "We'll take care of everything you need." But Cass wouldn't accept. She said she felt like she would be taking advantage of their kindness and our friendship. and she said she doesn't want to feel indebted to us, where did she get that from?.

"Did you see the next chapter of Willow?" I said. "It was so emotional. I was crying for the female lead when her prince came to rescue her from the bandits." Yes, we love novels.

I chattered on about the book until we got to class, and we settled down for today's class.

We were halfway through class when Tiffany and her crew decided to show up. She strutted in, ignoring the teacher and not caring that she interrupted the class. The girls looked at her with envy, and the boys whistled while checking out her ass. She walked up to us, mouthed "loser" at me, and gave cass a nasty look. Cass rolled her eyes at tiffany, who scoffed and walked away. "I don't know what her problem is with me" Cass whispered to me. "but honestly, I couldn't care less" Cass said.

Cassandra

We were on break from class and  Malory was dragging me to the cafeteria as I  really did not want to go. On our way, I was called to the school cashier's office.

"Good afternoon, Cassandra. How was class?" she asked. I replied, "Going well, ma'am," even though I knew what she was about to say.

She called me in regarding my school payment, which was overdue by two months. She warned me that if I didn't pay on time, I  would be kicked out of school. My shoulders slumped, and I pleaded with her, asking for a few more weeks to pay. She sighed and reluctantly gave me a two-week deadline, saying she couldn't help me any further. I thanked her and left the office, feeling down and losing my appetite. I returned to class, thinking that I need to work even harder. "Gosh."
Hey, Cass! You're back. What's up? I waited for you at the cafeteria, but you didn't come back. What did Mrs. Morris say?

Oh, I can't tell her, I thought. Well, she just asked if I was doing okay because she's worried about me. I lied and smiled. I don't want to worry her or have her tell her parents about it. Mal nodded and said, "Okay," then sat down. Phew, she believed me, I thought.

I looked out the window and sighed, wondering how my life ended up like this. I just wanted the rest of the day to go by quickly, and I wasn't looking forward to going to work...