._Gift and Responsibilities _.

Start from the beginning

But hearing this Jungkook's smile fell, and the nervous look made its way onto his face. Taehyung noticed it, to be said he didn't like the sour expressions on the younger's face at all.

"what's the matter pup? Don't you wanna join the gift ceremony?" Taehyung stepped forward and cupped the omega's face.

"It's not like that Alpha. I just don't have any gift for you." Jungkook proclaimed with a sad pout and gloomy eyes.

"Aww! Pup..!" Taehyung cooed out loud. But stooped when his ears caught his omega's whine. His eyes softened when he saw the slurped shoulder of the younger.

"It's fine, pup. That's not a big deal, you know you can gift me a stone and I will adore it till my last breadth." TAehyung said and Jungkook initially felt the glint that held a promise swirling through it but he was unable to break through it.

"Okayyyyy! But I have to featch it. Don't wait for me Alpha, I will join you in the ceremony." The younger didn't wait for his Alpha's reply before running towards the stairs. Taehyung adores anything and everything about his mate.

whether it is the way he was hurriedly running to the stairs or the way he was holding his dress in both hands while climbing the stairs.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Jungkook arrived there when the gifting ceremony had almost come to an end. Taehyung's smile lit up when he watched Jungkook approaching him on the stage. Jungkook's dress trailed behind him when he climbed the stairs to get on the stage, smiling at peace, a soft smile was adorning his face. But it lighted up when his alpha's hazy eyes found their way to his black ones.

Taehyung offered his hand to Jungkook who accepted with a shy thank you which made Taehyung adore his omega a little more. When the Luna of the empire took his position, standing in front of the Alpha holding everyone's attention on him.

Jungkook holds a dark red colored box with golden lining adorning the red velvet color. He forwarded the box towards Taehyung with a soft yet somewhat relieved look on his face.

"It's nothing much alpha but accept it. It's the most valuable thing I could ever possess." Jungkook said with a deep meaning swirling in his words. Which made Taehyung grow more curious about what could be the most valuable thing to his omega. Taehyung took the box and examine the box from outside.

"An Anklet?" Taehyung let his lips roll out his question. Jungkook nodded with a soft smile having sad eyes in contrast.

"It's my mother's" Jungkook spoke the truth about his gift. Something hardened inside him while telling whom the anklet once belonged.

"The only thing that is left with me that resembles my mother. I don't exactly remember her but she was the kindest person I've ever had in my life." Isn't it obvious that the mother is the kindest person to ever exist? But the tone of Jungkook holds depth much deeper than one could ever imagine.

"Then why are you giving me this, Luna? It's your mother's, you should keep this." Taehyung said with a very calm tone yet there was a hint of off emotions swimming in these words.

"Everything comes with a responsibility, Alpha. 'nd if I'm carrying it well then doesn't mean they are not heavy." Jungkook's words seemed irrelevant to everyone yet they were very captivating to the people present there. The only one who could understand the darkness behind those words was bound to observe the destruction of Lazica.

"If they are heavy then that doesn't mean they are not important, Luna" Taehyung said with a deep alluring voice that could melt the core of anything that's not darkness.

"I'm tired of them, Alpha. Please take them from me and keep them safe." Jungkook's voice has an odd plead flowing in it beyond everyone's understanding.

"I could never allow you to run from your responsibilities, Luna. If you're tired from carrying the weight they hold then I'll be your backbone to keep you uplift." One thing Jungkook observed about Taehyung is that he promises without promising.

"Don't please this is my only chance to be freed from this." No one present there heard his pleas, pleads to be freed desperately from the darkness that was slowly consuming him. Maybe just maybe Taehyung will regret his decision like that's the end of everything for him.

"I'll always be that shoulder that you would ever need to rely on, Luna. Now come here." Taehyung said and got on one knee and gestured to Jungkook to put forward his feet on his knees.

So, that he could place the anklets in their original home. Jungkook obliged and put his right foot on Alpha's left knee.

When their eyes fluted together in sync, enjoy a moment of peace rich in each other's company. Taehyung brushes against the opening of the royal-looking elegant box to carry out the anklet to put them on Jungkook.

His long fingers picked up the piece of art but frowned when he felt something through the receptors present on his fingers. He grasped down at the anklet.Watching the puzzled and confused he followed the directions of Taehyung's vision of view.

A horrified gasped left his lips, acting upon his quick reflex he retracted his feet on the ground from Taehyung's knee.

Taehyung on the other hand freezes and stands abruptly.Expression of shock mixed with a ton of fear planted on everyone's face. When the sentence left Taehyung's lips-

"Why there's blood dripping from it?" Taehyung asked guarding his senses as the true blood he is. Every accusing grace is towards Jungkook. He felt exposed, vulnerable and most of it he felt the strong need to prove that he was not guilty.

"I-i didn't do t-this, Alpha. I s-swear." The panic and fear was on the edges of his eyes. But there was no assurance that they believed him. Not even hia Alpha's eyes were there to support him.

:_:-:_:-:_:-:_:-:_:-:_:-:_:

I intend to make this chapter a little longer but then I thought to provide you'll with a cliffhanger. Hehe!! Yeah! I'm evil.

-Aashi-ssi