"Because you would've ruined it for the little orphan," Olivia started to tease.

"DADD!!!" I whined out.

"Don't mess with our little baby!!" Dani started to baby me.

"Yeah, I'm a little baby!!" I played along.

"Oohh, I'm sorry. You are a little baby. You little bug. Look at you!!" Oli started cooing at me.

"Ughh, don't start!!" I groaned out.

Olivia wasn't actually mean. She just knew that I wasn't comfortable with the overly loving behavior her family had.

Danielle on the other hand, she cooed all the time and always wanted to cuddle. She didn't care if she was seen as childish for it. She just wanted to spread love.

"So, s-since I'm an a-adult now. What does that mean for me when we get back home?" I nervously asked Mr. Marsh.

The whole table suddenly went quiet.

"You're still a kid to me," Mr. Marsh started cooing at me too.

"I'm being serious," I coldly responded.

"We'll talk about it when we get back home. Now everyone eat your food," Mr. Marsh nonchalantly answered.

Everyone started to eat in silence for a while, but soon the atmosphere changed to the normal Marsh family style.

It was always fun to watch how loving they all were. It was hard to imagine that families like them existed. Yeah, they had their flaws and everything was as perfect as they made it seem at times, but they made it work.

Not long after dinner, it was time for bed.

- Danielle POV -

"Daddy, you're so mean!" I pouted as Dad and I watched a movie.

"What did I do now?!" He started to tickle me.

"You didn't tell me it was Y/n's birthday!!" I frown at him, crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry. It's just that you would've just tried to baby Y/n and you would've tried to kiss them like you did prom night. I couldn't have you breaking your own heart like that!" Daddy chuckled out as if it wasn't nothing.

My jaw immediately dropped.

"You know about that?!" I asked in shock.

"Yeah, I saw you two dancing in the kitchen that night. It was really cute," Daddy wrapped his arm around me.

I sighed out in disillusion and rested my head on Daddy's shoulder.

"I wish Y/n thought we were cute together," I mumbled under my breath.

"Don't go getting ideas now. I'm not sure how I'd feel if you two started dating, but I can say that you two looked really good together," Daddy kissed my forehead.

"I almost even considered interrupting your little moment and allowing you two to date. But I couldn't do that. My two babies sneaking around the house to have makeout sessions just didn't sit well with me," He started to cuddle me.

All I could do was sigh in frustration.

Daddy was just as confusing as Y/n sometimes. He's saying we look cute together, but that he can't handle the thought of us being together.

It was almost as confusing as Y/n having feelings for me, but never acting on them.

"Daddy, you're so overprotective. Y/n would be too scared to makeout with Dani in the house. They're more likely to kidnap her to woods for some private time," Oli suddenly sassed a Daddy.