Chapter 17 - Confusion [Rewrite]

Start from the beginning

As Ryo admired the FranXX in front of him, he was interrupted. Toru told them the order provided by Dr. FranXX, making the rest of the members look at both him and Zero Two for a second with a frown and return to their usual calm state toward their respective FranXX.

Nodding at Toru, Ryo readied himself for piloting the FranXX.

-

"All hands, prepare for the boarding!"

"Team Ten-s, I will be giving you overall strategic instructions, but the main field decisions must be made by the field leader, Code Alpha."

(Alpha)"Roger."

"If you are ready, we will now begin the deployment. This will be your first drill in a real FranXX, but maintain calm. Focus on your partner and believe in them."

"Now commerce connecting."

Various announcements and orders were given out by Toru as the Ten-s positioned themselves for piloting the FranXX. Alongside them, there were 30 more normal FranXX-es which were to be piloted by the Parasites living on Plantation 09 while defending it.

Grabbing the twin controller prolonged from the side of Zero Two's back, Ryo looked at her and asked, "Ready?"

"Eh!", Nodding her head, Zero Two smiled feeling excited.

Getting her confirmation, Ryo didn't hesitate any longer and pushed the buttons on the controller. 'This feeling... It's like I am at the edge of entering into Zero Two's mind.'

As soon as he grabbed the joystick, the lights on the spine protector started to glow in an upward movement until it reached to the point where he felt an unnatural connection to Zero Two. It was as if he was able to sense what she was going to do next.

"Ahh."

As soon as Ryo and Zero Two connected, Zero Two felt as if electricity was flowing through her spine, making her moan loudly, which Ryo knew that she did intestinally louder than normally.

"Stamen and Pistil Connection Percentage: 100%. Rating: Outstanding. Para-capacity is fluctuating rapidly but is still in sync. Operation commencing. It is advisable to trust your entire self to your partner completely."

<All the Model 10-s FranXX are showing perfect sync. Ready for deployment.>

Ryo adjusted his grip and asked, "Darling. Let's destroy the Klaxosaurs."

"Yeah!"

-

*Bam*

As soon as the doors of the Boarding Harbor opened, all the restraints of the FranXX were released.

<All FranXX, prepare for flight.>

"Roger."

As soon as the orders were given, Ryo pushed the FranXX forward, making it rush out of the harbor.

Looking at the outside, Ryo felt his partner's excitement, making a small smile form on his face. It was rare for Zero Two to feel this excited. With his connection to her mind, he was able to feel what she was feeling and wanted to do, and he knew that she was also able to feel the same.

But this smile didn't stay there as he sensed something.

'This feeling... It's like I am able to sense the Klaxosaurs that are like 10 miles of radius from this place. Although this feeling was a bit too less previously, making me dismiss it as an unmercenary feeling after connecting to the FranXX, I am able to feel it more enhanced.'