Chapter 6: Raging Storm

Start from the beginning

"CREEK!!" Branch shouted his name in hatred before a gust of wind caused him to yelp as it jostled him around. The rain seemed to come down harder as a loud booming sound could be heard.

"Have fun out here Branch, enjoy the nice weather!" Creek had to shout over the wind and rain before he quickly ran back to the cave.

"CREEK! CREEEEEEEEEEK!!"

***

It was morning when Creek woke up. The sun was brightly shining and it felt very warm compared to last night. It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day.

"Hey!" Tiny was sniveling as he clawed at the ground where he could stick his arms out. "Let me out! I want to see Branch! What did you do to him?!" He hiccuped as he cried.

"Oh right, I forgot." Creek got up and walked outside the cave and over to where he left the blue troll except he wasn't hanging anymore and on the ground. The rope must have snapped at some point.

"Mate, are you still alive after that fall?" Creek asked as he got close to the ground and Branch struggled to open his eyes. He glare at the other but it was weak and unfocused.

"Good job on staying alive." Creek congratulated him by booping his nose before plunging his hands into the other troll's hair to look at the egg.

Branch flinched and trembled as he started to tear up. "St-stop..." He weakly opposed as he tried to move away but he was too weak.

"Looks like the egg is fine." Creek touched it a little when he noticed it started turning Gray in the areas he had his hands. Once he removed them, the egg returned to normal. "Interesting that it's rejecting me." He wondered if the baby somehow knew.

Pop-poppy...." Branch broke down at this point and started to really cry. More than he had before. "Poppy!" He hoarsely sobbed her name before he went into a coughing fit.

Creek rolled his eyes before letting go. It was almost fully grown so maybe by the end of today he could finally dump Branch somewhere and be on his way. He smiled at the thought as he grabbed said troll by the legs and dragged him back to the cave.

Once Creek let go, he freed Tiny who quickly latched onto-

"Branch! Branch, are you okay?!" Tiny sniffled but got no response when he felt the troll burning up. "I think he might be sick!" He desperately looked at Creek who chuckled before quickly realizing that there was no one there to help.

"You're a monster!" Tiny bawled as he clung to the blue troll.

***

Hours passed by as Creek watched Tiny do the best he could to take care of Branch but the small Troll was failing miserably. Everything he did just didn't seem to help.

Eventually though, the time finally came because there was a small flash from Branch's hair and they all knew what that signaled.

Creek didn't hesitate to get up as Tiny jumped onto Branch with his arms spread out.

"No! I won't let you!" Tiny bravely spoke even though he shook in fear.

Creek wasn't bothered by this as he Grabbed the small troll by the hair and tossed him back under the half boat to keep him out of the way.

Branch was desperately trying to move away as Creek practically jumped on him. He made an attempt to swirl his hair around the egg to form a harder barrier but the other troll started to pry it open.

Branch was just too weak, he couldn't defend himself let alone his and Poppy's egg. Eventually he lost and Creek snatched the egg while holding it up high. He was laughing hysterically.

Branch cried as he tried to push himself over to Creek and get the egg back but the other ended up kicking him away.

"Please, don't do this!" Branch pleaded with him. "I'll- I'll do anything!"

"Anything? Anything you say?!" Creek laughed but there was nothing funny about what the blue troll said. "Now you know how I felt when the Bergen's tried to eat me!!" He yelled as he stepped on Branch's face and pushed it into the ground. "There is nothing I want more than to see you suffer!" He finished by giving Branch one last kick which seemed to cause the egg to flash and wiggle a little.

It took Creek a few seconds to regain his vision before he wrapped the egg up with his hair. "Seems like it can sense what is happening outside it." He felt the egg wiggle more as if it was trying to free itself.

"Creek!" Branch kept weeping his name, not really sure what else to do. He tried to stop him by using his hair but he was too weak to hold any kind of grip.

Creek just ignored the annoyance as he walked over to free Tiny before catching the small troll by the hair.

"Let me go!" Tiny tried to fight back as he was trapped in Creek's hair next to the egg.

Creek then walked to the cave entrance before spinning around towards the other troll. He placed his hands together and took a slight bow before saying, "Namaste, Branch."

As Creek walked off, he heard a loud broken cry of anguish.